|Search our Digital Scrapbooking Tips
||Browse by Category
There were 81 articles found in this category:
(Page 1 of 5)
- How can I flip or turn a brush in Photoshop?
When you are working with a brush in Photoshop, you sometimes need to tilt, turn or flip it. Here's how: In Photoshop, select Window > Brushes to activate the Brush Presets. Choose “Brush tip shape.” You’ll see a feature that looks like a compass. You can turn that to tu ...
- I purchased a brush set. In the preview, the brushes are in color, but when I downloaded it, the brushes are all black. How do I change the colors?
If you are purchasing a brush set, these are the digital equivalent of rubber stamps. They are in colors on the preview because the designer "stamped" them in color. These come as both .png files and an .abr brush file. The .png files are usually in black on a transparent background. You can ...
- Can I use your products with Creative Memories Software?
Yes you can! You can bring in external jpgs and pngs. Make sure to unzip the download file first. If you are getting an error, it might be because you didn't get them unzipped correctly. Creative Memories software will not allow you to drag an item from the zipped file into the software. You ...
- Where can I download Ali Edwards' handwriting font - Ali's hand?
Ali Edwards' handwriting font (Ali's hand) is available free of charge at Life Art Media.
- What's the difference between Brushes and Stamps in your Brushes-n-Stamps sets?
A Photoshop Brush is an ABR file that contains images that you can use to sweep across your digital page (like a paintbrush) or stamp to transfer the image (like a rubber stamp.) You'll use the Brushes-n-stamps sets just like brushes. Instead of sweeping them across your page like a paintbru ...
- How can I put a drop shadow under acrylic (transparent) elements?
Here are designer Pattie Knox's instructions for placing a drop shadow under acrylic (transparent) elements: 1. Create a duplicate of the acrylic element. (In PS you would right click and choose "Duplicate Layer". 2. Drag the duplicate layer UNDERNEATH the original layer in the Layers palette an ...
- When I try to open your products in Photoshop or PSE, I get an error telling me it's the wrong type of file. How do I open the products?
Chances are, when you receive this message, you have forgotten to unzip the file before opening it in your software. All of our products are delivered as zipped (compressed) files and must be unzipped before importing them into Photoshop, Elements, Word or any other software. You will receive an ...
- What type of paper should I use to print your products and my layouts?
Photo paper will give you the best results. Be sure to check for paper and ink compatibility before purchasing photo paper. Printer manufacturers design papers and inks to work together for optimal prints. Check your printer manufacturer's website for a compatibility guide.
- How can I save a file that has transparent parts?
When you use a clipping mask, photo block, or make an extraction you may want to save the resulting image. The image will have both opaque and transparent sections. To save the file while preserving the transparency, select .PNG as the file format. The image will be flattened, but the transparen ...
- How can I resize a 24x12-inch template to make 2 12x12-inch pages?
First, save the 24x12-inch layout as a layered psd file. Now select Layer > Flatten image. Get the Crop tool. In the Options bar, choose 12 inches by 12 inches at 300 pixels/inch for the dimensions. Draw out a square to encompass the left side of your layout. Confirm the crop. This ...
- How can I delete part of a Layered Template when there is a title or element I don't want to use?
When you are working with a layered template, there are sometimes items included that you'd rather not use. For example, some templates have labels for photos or titles that you don't want to see in your final page. To remove these items from a layered template, locate the Layers Panel at the bo ...
- How can I download the products I bought into Photoshop or Elements?
All of our products are delivered as zipped (compressed) files and must be unzipped before importing them into Photoshop, Elements, Word or any other software. You will receive an error message if you try to open them in your software without unzipping them. Your computer probably came with unzi ...
- How can I open a .psd file?
The .psd file format is a graphics or photo file created in Adobe Photoshop or Elements. It can be read by both Mac and Windows computers using image editing software. Programs that read .psd files include (but are not limited to): Photoshop, Elements, Paint Shop Pro, PhotoImpact, and GIMP. Pic ...
- How can I create text on a path in Photoshop Elements?
Unfortunately, this is one of the limitations of Photoshop Elements. It does not give you the capability of creating a path for text. The good news is that you can use text paths that are created in Photoshop to write your own text on a path in Elements! Pattie Knox has created a number of the ...
- How can I change the text on a template?
Get the Type tool. Double-click the text thumbnail in the Layers Panel. This looks like the letter T surrounded by a box. This highlights the text. You can change the font, font size, and color in the Options bar across the top of the editing window. Begin typing your new words. Confirm the tex ...
- Where can I have my scrapbook pages printed?
You can order individual prints of your scrapbook pages at Shutterfly. You can also upload your layouts to create a photo book there.
- How do I use Anna Aspnes' Curled Paper Edges?
1. Place paper centered (edge to edge) on the layout. 2. Place torn/curled edge on the layout MAKING SURE it is edge to edge. Occasionally you have to expand it to about 102% or so, just to make sure it goes to the edge. 3. Select the Magic Wand tool (W) and put a check mark next to Contiguous ...
- I get an error message when I try to open my file in Photoshop/ PSE. How can I open the product I purchased?
In order to use the products, you'll need to download the zipped files and then unzip them. Your computer probably came with unzip software already loaded. If not, there is a list of free unzip programs at TheFreeSite.com: zipping and unzipping and compressing freeware We can't recommend any of ...
- How do I use Ali Edwards' Half-Circle Embellishments?
Ali has created a video tutorial that walks you through the process of using her Half-Circle Embellishments. You can view it here on YouTube.
- How can I get started scrapbooking with Paint Shop Pro?
Like paper scrapbooking, digital scrapbooking utilizes a combination of digital kits, papers, alphas, stamps, ribbons, and a variety of other digital scrapbooking embellishments. Unlike paper, however, digital scrapbooking gives you the freedom to resize, recolor, and reuse any product in you ...
(Page 1 of 5)