|Search our Digital Scrapbooking Tips
||Browse by Category
Adobe Photoshop Elements
There were 249 articles found in this category:
- Adobe Photoshop Tips: July 4: Open for Business!
One of my favorite things about shopping online is that the stores are always open. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, I can satisfy my need for instant gratification. No need to call ahead to see what’s open and what’s not. Photoshop makes it easy to see what’s open, too. When yo ...
- Adobe Photoshop Tips: June 27: Photoshop: The Final Frontier
Captain’s Log: Stardate 2009. We have entered the Scrapping Zone on an assignment to preserve memory units. Our dilemma: we find ourselves needing to apply the cloak of invisibility to a number of layers in our document. We know that we can hide one layer by clicking on the Layer Visibili ...
- Adobe Photoshop Tips: June 20: A Scale You Can Love
I have a love-hate relationship with my scale. I love it when it decreases and hate it when it increases. *sigh* Here’s a scale that I like all the time: the Photoshop & PSE font scale shortcut. Select the text that you want to increase or decrease in size by clicking at the beginning or ...
- Adobe Photoshop Tips: June 13: What a Drag!
If you've ever made a selection and then realized it isn’t in exactly the right spot, you’ll love this tip! It’s a real drag to have to try making the selection over and over again until you get it right! Here’s how to make Photoshop and PSE work with you instead. When y ...
- Adobe Photoshop Tips: June 6: Abandon the Confirmation Checkmark All Ye Who Enter Here
I’m not sure how amused my English Literature professor would be with my take on Dante’s Divine Comedy, but I think you’ll like this text tip. When you are typing a line of text in Photoshop and PSE, pressing the Enter key takes you to a new line. But pressing Ctrl + Enter ( ...
- Adobe Photoshop Tips: March 22: Lift the Flap on Hidden Tools
The Tool bars in Photoshop and PSE remind me of the Lift-the-Flap books my sons used to love when they were little. Some of the pages in those books had little flaps that lifted to reveal a hidden surprise. The Tool bar does, too! Some of the tools have a small arrow to the right of the icon. B ...
- How can I create text on a path (type on a path) in Photoshop Elements (PSE?)
The easiest way to create text on a path is to use Pattie Knox's Text Bytes
- My text is stuck in all caps. How can I get it back to normal?
Here are a few things to try when this happens: 1. Press Ctrl Shift Y on the keyboard (Mac: Cmd Shift Y.) 2. Shut down and restart Elements. 3. Shut down the computer and reboot. 4. With the Type tool selected, click the down arrow on the far left of the Options bar. Select "Reset tool."
- I can't choose any color except grey. What happened to my colors?
When grey is the only color choice, the document has been created in grayscale instead of color. Create a new document making sure to choose a color mode other than grayscale. Your color pickers will return to normal.
- My brush is suddenly a crosshairs instead of a brush shape. How can I see the brush shapes again?
When this happens, your Caps Lock is on. Press the Caps Lock key on the keyboard to release it. The brushes will return to the default shaped brushes.
- How can I see the brush previews in a larger size in Photoshop or Elements?
Open a new document. Get the Brush tool. In the options bar across the top of the screen, choose the brush picker. Click the right-facing double arrow at the top right corner of the brush picker. Click Large thumbnails.
- How can I flip or turn a brush in Photoshop?
When you are working with a brush in Photoshop, you sometimes need to tilt, turn or flip it. Here's how: In Photoshop, select Window > Brushes to activate the Brush Presets. Choose “Brush tip shape.” You’ll see a feature that looks like a compass. You can turn that to tu ...
- How do I load a Layer Style file (ASL or .asl) into Photoshop Elements 7.0, 8.0, 9.0 or 10? (Windows)
1. First make sure your folders are not "hidden": Click on "Start" and choose "My Computer." (Vista users: choose "Computer.") When a window pops up, click on the Tool menu at the top and choose Folder Options. When the Folder Options dialog box comes up, click on the View tab at the top. ...
- How can I see two documents at the same time in the Photoshop Elements (PSE) editing window?
Open two or more documents in Photoshop Elements. Go to Edit > Preferences > General. Tick the box next to "Allow Floating Documents in Full edit Mode." Then click OK. After that, you can go to Window > Images > Float all in Windows. Your documents will populate in separate windows.
- When I move a photo or papers to my scrapbook layout, it turns black and white.
When this happens, it usually means that the canvas (New document) was created in Greyscale instead of RGB. Create a new blank canvas making sure that a color mode is checked.
- In PSE, my text is all in capital letters, but Caps Lock is not on. Help!
The first thing to do is to try a different font. If that doesn't work, reset the Type tool. Get the Type tool and click the first drop-down arrow on the far left side of the Options Bar. It gives you an option to Reset the Type tool. As a last resort, try rebuilding the Preferences by shutting ...
- My text looks blurry when I upload an image to the Gallery. How can I fix it?
After completing the layout in Photoshop Elements, 1. Save the layered PSD file 2. Select Layer > Merge visible. 3. Image > Resize > Image size. Plug in 700x700 pixels in the top box. Click OK. (Check all three boxes at the bottom: Scale, Contrain, Resample) 4. Enhance > Unsharp Mask ...
- Can I change the dark interface color in PSE8 or PSE9?
No, unfortunately, that function is not written into the software.
- How can I change the size of a brush?
With the Brush selected, use the [ key (left square bracket) to make the brush size smaller. Use the ] (right square bracket) key to make the brush size larger. Pressing the key multiple times will make the brush size change in increments.
- I purchased a brush set. In the preview, the brushes are in color, but when I downloaded it, the brushes are all black. How do I change the colors?
If you are purchasing a brush set, these are the digital equivalent of rubber stamps. They are in colors on the preview because the designer "stamped" them in color. These come as both .png files and an .abr brush file. The .png files are usually in black on a transparent background. You can ...