|Search our Digital Scrapbooking Tips
||Browse by Category
Adobe Photoshop Elements
There were 249 articles found in this category:
- How do I load fonts into Photoshop or Photoshop Elements?
Installing a font on your computer makes it available to you in Photoshop and Elements. There is no need to load it into the software. Select the Type tool and make your font selection from the Options Bar across the top of the screen. Any font installed on your system is available there.
- How can I delete part of a Layered Template when there is a title or element I don't want to use?
When you are working with a layered template, there are sometimes items included that you'd rather not use. For example, some templates have labels for photos or titles that you don't want to see in your final page. To remove these items from a layered template, locate the Layers Panel at the bo ...
- How can I download the products I bought into Photoshop or Elements?
All of our products are delivered as zipped (compressed) files and must be unzipped before importing them into Photoshop, Elements, Word or any other software. You will receive an error message if you try to open them in your software without unzipping them. Your computer probably came with unzi ...
- How can I open a .psd file?
The .psd file format is a graphics or photo file created in Adobe Photoshop or Elements. It can be read by both Mac and Windows computers using image editing software. Programs that read .psd files include (but are not limited to): Photoshop, Elements, Paint Shop Pro, PhotoImpact, and GIMP. Pic ...
- How can I create text on a path in Photoshop Elements?
Unfortunately, this is one of the limitations of Photoshop Elements. It does not give you the capability of creating a path for text. The good news is that you can use text paths that are created in Photoshop to write your own text on a path in Elements! Pattie Knox has created a number of the ...
- How can I install a font into Photoshop or Elements?
Any font that is installed on your computer is available to you in Photoshop or Elements. You do not need to install a font into the software in order to use it. Install fonts on your computer using instructions for your Operating System. Get the Type tool in Photoshop or Elements and choose th ...
- How can I change the text on a template?
Get the Type tool. Double-click the text thumbnail in the Layers Panel. This looks like the letter T surrounded by a box. This highlights the text. You can change the font, font size, and color in the Options bar across the top of the editing window. Begin typing your new words. Confirm the tex ...
- How do I use Anna Aspnes' Curled Paper Edges?
1. Place paper centered (edge to edge) on the layout. 2. Place torn/curled edge on the layout MAKING SURE it is edge to edge. Occasionally you have to expand it to about 102% or so, just to make sure it goes to the edge. 3. Select the Magic Wand tool (W) and put a check mark next to Contiguous ...
- I get an error message when I try to open my file in Photoshop/ PSE. How can I open the product I purchased?
In order to use the products, you'll need to download the zipped files and then unzip them. Your computer probably came with unzip software already loaded. If not, there is a list of free unzip programs at TheFreeSite.com: zipping and unzipping and compressing freeware We can't recommend any of ...
- How can I install a brush in Photoshop or PSE?
Go to Edit > Preset Manager. A Preset Manager Dialog Box will open Click LOAD and point your computer to the ABR file for the brushes you wish to use. Click OK. Your Preset Manager will now include thumbnails of the brushes you just loaded. Click DONE. Create a new layer in your document. (L ...
- How do I use Ali Edwards' Half-Circle Embellishments?
Ali has created a video tutorial that walks you through the process of using her Half-Circle Embellishments. You can view it here on YouTube.
- What is a digital rub-on? How do I use it?
The digital rub-ons in our shop are the digital equivalent of the popular traditional rub-ons you might have purchased at a craft store. Instead of having to rub them on with a lollipop stick, you just open them and drag them onto your layout using a graphics editing program like Photoshop, Phot ...
- The enter key is not working (does not return carriage or start a new line) with the Text Tool in Photoshop or Elements. How can I fix it?
When the "Enter" key does not return you to start a new line in Photoshop or PS Elements, press the Numbers Lock key. This happens when the Numbers Lock accidentally gets pressed (or has been selected prior to opening PS.) The Numbers Lock key does not exhibit this behavior in Word or other soft ...
- When saving a PNG image, what does "interlaced" mean?
Interlacing is done for web graphics. It has to do with how the images load on a web page. Noninterlaced images load in rows while interlaced images load with random pixels in each row, so they begin by looking blurry (low res) and then sharpen as they load. It's done so when you load a webpage, ...
- Can I use your 12x12 templates to create 8x8 pages?
Yes, when you purchase the 12x12 templates, you can resize them to 8x8 (or any other smaller square size.) After the pages are complete, flatten the layers and use the Crop Tool to resize each page. Get the Crop Tool and make a new size selection in the Options bar. Shift and drag out a square ...
- How can I create text in a circle in Photoshop Elements?
We have a product that will help you create text in a circle in Photoshop Elements. Text Bytes Shaped Text Templates No. 1 will allow you to type words in a circle. Just drag the template onto your scrapbook page and get the Text Tool. Click on the text path and begin typing your own words.
- Can I print your digital papers?
Yes! All of our products are created at 300 pixels per inch, which is print resolution.
- How do I get my purchases into Photoshop or Photoshop Elements?
After you download and unzip the files, open Photoshop or PSE. (Choose "Edit" from the main PSE screen.) Select File > Open and browse your system for the unzipped folder. Select the paper (or template) you want to work with and click OK. The paper will open in the large editing window.
- Why can't I see my templates or layouts in the PSE Organizer?
The Photoshop Elements Organizer has viewing limits that are based on the amount of RAM you have installed on your system. You can increase the limit by following the directions on Adobe's Help website.
- 15 Fun Things to do with an Overlay
15 FUN THINGS TO DO WITH OVERLAYS 1. Change the Blending Mode and/or Opacity: Drag the overlay onto a piece of digital paper. Change the blending mode of the overlay to see what happens. Reduce the opacity to see what happens. You can get this sort of effect with playing with the blending modes. ...