This tutorial focuses on using the Pen tool in Adobe Photoshop. It includes a 26-page printable pdf in which I cover the basics of the Pen tool and how to use it to create a silhouette from a photograph.
You will learn how to:
This lesson includes:
- differentiate between vector and raster graphics
- create and edit custom layer shapes
- draw straight and curved paths with the Pen tool
- edit points and segments on a path
- save a path
- create a silhouette from a photo using the Pen tool
- A 26-page, full-color pdf with screen shots (in PS CS3) and step-by-step instructions for Adobe Photoshop users.
- Over 25 “bonus tips” throughout the lesson.
- 3 papers
- 3 diecut ledger leaves
- 1 quote
- 2 photo corners
(Mini-Kit contents created by Katie Pertiet.)
You will need:
Adobe Photoshop (**This tutorial is NOT for Photoshop Elements Users**)
One photo with the subject in profile
If you know how to open your software, you can complete this lesson. I provide detailed instructions for every step, from opening the first file to saving your finished layout.
Note: This tutorial is about the Pen tool in Photoshop. It is not a tutorial about using a Wacom pen and tablet.File Size: 14MB
Designer: Cassie Jones