This digital “make and take” provides everything you need to complete the layout shown. It includes a 45-page pdf in which I take you step-by-step through creating the layout using the provided digital mini-kit.
The main focus of this tutorial is the photo to comic conversion, but you will also learn how to create the storyboard layout and transform text for a custom title.
If you are new to digital scrapbooking, you can definitely do this lesson, as I provide every step in detail. However, I would recommend that you start with some of the other LIAO tutorials to become more confident with the software before attempting this lesson. Those of you with more experience will pick up some new techniques, a great kit, and a fabulous new layout!
You will learn how to:
This lesson includes:
- convert a photo to a line drawing
- create a comic book effect
- use layer masks on adjustment layers
- non-destructively "crop" a photo
- create a storyboard layout using shapes and grids
- create a custom title
- amaze your friends!
You will need:
- A 45-page, full-color pdf with screen shots (in PS CS3) and step-by-step instructions for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements users.
- Over 35 “bonus tips” throughout the lesson.
- A very cool mini-kit that includes 3 papers by Katie Pertiet, 4 speech bubbles, 3 word art blasts, 2 title blasts, 1 transition text box, and 4 layered psd storyboard templates.
Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements
the papers and elements downloaded in the mini-kit: comic fonts SF Comic Script and Comic Book, or some similar font
If you know how to open your software, you can complete this lesson, but I do recommend that beginners work through some other LIAO titles before attempting this one. I provide detailed instructions for every step, from opening the first file to saving your finished layout. File Size: 20MB
LP655915 Designer: Cassie Jones