This lesson is all about getting the most out of a layered template. In addition to learning the basics on how to add papers and photos to a layered template, you will learn how to save elements from a template for future layouts, how to resize and reposition elements on the page, how to learn more about your software from a template, and how to use the template as a springboard for your own design.
You will learn how to:
- create a layout using a layered template “as-is”
- save png files of individual elements from a template to use on future designs
- create clipping masks
- resize and reposition elements to change the look of a template
- create a multi-photo template from a single-photo template
- create an 8.5x11” layout from a 12x12” template
- study a template to learn layer style settings
This lesson includes:
- A 21-page, full-color pdf with screen shots (in PS CS3) and step-by-step instructions for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements users.
- Over 15 “bonus tips” throughout the lesson.
- A layered template that includes stamped stitches, two stitched journal strips, and a die cut strip, all created by Katie Pertiet.
You will need:
Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements
2 pieces of digital paper
If you know how to open your software, you can complete this lesson. I provide detailed instructions for every step, from opening the first file to saving your finished layout. File Size: 8MB
LP374218 Designer: Cassie Jones