This lesson is all about becoming familiar with the Brush tool and the versatility that comes with using an Adobe brushes file (.abr type). The tutorial guides you through the basics of using the Brush tool by applying techniques to a simple layout.
You will learn how to:
This lesson includes:
- identify the Brush tool in the Photoshop/Photoshop Elements workspace
- load .abr files for use with the Brush tool
- change the size of a brush
- change the color of a brush
- change the angle of a brush
- change the hardness of a brush
- use a brush to “stamp” an image
- use a brush to create a pattern
A 28-page, full-color pdf with screen shots (in PS CS4) and step-by-step instructions for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements users (of any version).
Over 20 “bonus tips” throughout the lesson.
One full sheet of paper, 1 carded stacks element, 2 watery spot brushes, 1 journal brush, and three scribbled and scripted butterfly brushes, all created by Katie Pertiet.
You will need:
Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements
If you know how to open your software, you can complete this lesson. I provide detailed instructions for every step, from opening the first file to saving your finished layout.
File Size: 17MB
LP830387 Designer: Cassie Jones