Thread: Digital Scrapbooking Magazine T3

1. DSM T3 Question

I'm wondering if anyone can give me any additional insight into what is desired in DSM's T3 section. Since it is the magazine's one ongoing submissions arena, I have considered submitting to it. However, the title is so daunting to me. I have read the magazine's descriptions of the the three sections and look at the section every issue. But I can't think of any unique technique or talent that I have which would be totally ORIGINAL to DSM's readership. And some of the techniques I've seen become so popular so quickly I don't know which came first -- the technique write-up or the technique itself. (For example, the use of words attached to a rectangle to mask off a photo. I could have sworn I saw those in DD's store before the magazine.) Am I looking at this from the wrong perspective? SHOULD it be a totally new technique? I really appreciate any feedback, especially from those of you who have BTDT.

Thank you!

Tracy
    Tracy

Software PS CS6
    Platform Mac (Naturally)
    Camera Canon 60D

2. I remember feeling the same way when I first saw the calls, but for some reason I got the guts up to just send in a layout I really loved. I've ended up having a few published this year in this feature, and it's not as intimidating as it seems. it doesn't have to be groundbreaking, just send in some fantastic work, explain what you did briefly, and if they like it, they'll publish it. Definitely go for it!

3. Thank you so much, Aly! I really appreciate your insights in this. I will give it a try!

Oh, one other question ... does DSM require that the LOs not have been placed in galleries before? Thanks!

Tracy
    Tracy

Software PS CS6
    Platform Mac (Naturally)
    Camera Canon 60D

4. No they don't. HTH

Terri

5. Thanks, Terri, that does help! ;-) YIPPIE!
    Tracy

Software PS CS6
    Platform Mac (Naturally)
    Camera Canon 60D

6. I felt the same way, but submitted a specific call they were looking for and just wrote how I achieved it (in exactly the number of words they were looking for). I don't think it was groundbreaking, just my twist on it. The technique may not be a "first" but the way YOU did it could be different. Submit - you have nothing to lose! Good luck.
    Francine

My Gallery

Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5
    Gear: Nikon D50 w/28-80 mm, 70-300 Tamron lenses
    Lightroom 3