Thread: Never before seen!?

Never before seen!?

Does anyone know what magazines will and will not take submissions for layouts that have been posted online?!?

I know CK wants never before posted.
    Ive tried looking on websites and not all of them specify, does this mean its ok to submit anything?!

And another question while Im asking.....Is it ok to submit the same layout to more than one magazine? And then deny if it requested by both?!?!?
    Last edited by Starlite9711; 08-12-2008 at 05:53 PM. Reason: typo
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

2. Generally they specify in the call whether they want unseen. CK will take posted layouts unless they specify in the call. MM only wants unseen/unposted.

Yes, you can submit to multiple publications although I suspect the mags would prefer if you didn't If two mags request the same layout I give it to the one who requested it first.
    -Paula

Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XT
    Software: Adobe PSCS2, PSE 5.0
    my gallery

live.scrap.repeat

scrapbook trends is okay with layouts posted, but ask that you remove it as soon as it is requested (but they don't pay cash)....

I don't know what the policy is with DSM - my requested layout was posted in my gallery here and I just replaced the image.....I didn't see anything specific when I reviewed the call specs....maybe a DSM girl can be more specific about that....
    ~Mary

Camera - Canon 40D

Software - PSE 7.0, Lightroom

Just Us - Family Blog

Thank you much girls!!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

5. DSM will take stuff posted online, but they do ask that you remove it and keep it off. exceptions are made for a personal online resume. got that straight from Jenny Wilden, assistant editor...hope that helps.

Thanks for all the tips and advice!
    My Gallery

Camera: Canon Power Shot S5 IS
    Software: Photoshop Elements 11