Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A FREE action for your Shutterfly projects

Yes, I did and it downloaded as it should....just wasn't seeing it, it came down so quickly. Thank you so much. -L

2. I've never printed anything at Shutterfly...been intimidated by it! Hopefully this will help!

THANKS KATIE!
    Momma to 3 wild boys!

In the backpack: Canon 50D, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Canon 70-200 1.4
    In the den: PSE 5.0 and ACDSee (but it's been in the box for a year now, guess I should get it out)

Love the action. At first, I thought, I can do this through Image>size. And I could except it took more "clicks." Great job, Katie. Thanks. And going to Shutterfly through your "printing services" is so much easier than their front door! That's my only complaint with them....so hard to find things. You help make it easier. Kudos. -L

4. I have PSE 5 and tried to install these, but cannot figure out the right path. Can anyone help me? I have Windows XP.

Thanks!
    Momma to 3 wild boys!

In the den: PSE 5.0 and ACDSee (but it's been in the box for a year now, guess I should get it out)

5. Jaime ... I too have PSE 5.0 and have not been able to get it to work either.

It does look like Kathleen has 5.0 and it works for her, but I cannot figure it out. I will try to PM Kathleen and see if she can help us out.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

6. Mollie:

I've figured it out!

Here is the path that we need to use.

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\5.0\Photo Creations\special effects
    Vista: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\5.0\Photo Creations\special effects

(replace 5.0 with 6.0 if that is your version)
    Momma to 3 wild boys!

Yay! Glad Jaime was able to figure it out. I do have PSE 5 but I have Vista. I can't remember what I did exactly, but it looks like Jaime has the answer for both!
    started paper scrapping: Oct '01
    started digi scrapping: Feb '09

my blog, resume, etc: Muse Flash
    my GALLERY HERE AT DESIGNER DIGITALS

8. Unhappy newbie here ...

OK, I can see the effects in my Adobe. But don't know how to use it! Can someone please completely talk me through this? To explain how new I am, took me a few weeks just to figure out how to work ctrl-g for layouts on templates.

9. Quote Originally Posted by sdwrdt View Post
    OK, I can see the effects in my Adobe. But don't know how to use it! Can someone please completely talk me through this? To explain how new I am, took me a few weeks just to figure out how to work ctrl-g for layouts on templates.
    Whenever you are finished with your LO, select all your layers and right click and flatten your image and then click on the action and hit apply and then it should be resized to 11.95x11.95. Then save as a JPEG and it will be ready to print at Shutterfly!
    Momma to 3 wild boys!

10. thank you so much! It's so easy when explained to me, but I am just not that intuitive with some aspects of this program!

11. Thanks so much Katie! I've been painstakingly resizing all my layouts one by one to upload to shutterfly.

Thanks, Katie!
    -anx -

My Gallery
    My toys: Canon 5D mkII, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS, Canon 100 mm f/2.8 macro, Sigma 50 mm f/1.4, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8
    iMac with Lightroom 5, Adobe CS6 Design Premium

Katie, you so rock! Thanks so much!
    Shirley
    "I never met a mouse I didn't like."
    (with apologies to Will Rogers)
    My Gallery

photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

Just wondering, would it work to just set the page size to 11.95x11.95 before I begin any pages if I plan for all of them to end up in a book at some point?
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

Just bumping the thread for Tara
    Sam

16. Thanks for the bump Sam.

Does anyone know what the path would be for PSE 8 on a Mac?
    Tara

Alright! I just gave my son his first shutterfly book and he loved it! I'll be making more books so thanks for the actions!

Thanks for these Katie. I have some psds that I want to get printed this week so it's really timely.

Now I also know that someone had the instructions/code for the missing .xml file so I can actually SEE it in my PSE actions. I found the action but right now it's just a black box in the effects menu. Anyone have that link pls?
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

Awesome - thanks!

Valerie and Sam - what do you meana by "bump".. I was looking for the answer to Valerie's question but didn't see it... ?? tx!

And Katie.. when I click on the action it does resize my layout but keeps it at 72 ppi - thought it was supposed to be 300 ppi? Do I do that manually?

Thanks!
    Kristen

Thank you so much Katie I am working on my vacation album and have never printed at Shutterfly!! So this will help so much!!

Bump
    Sam

23. was the action taken down? i dont see the link...Thanks

It may be gone because Shutterfly no longer has an association with Designer Digititals.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Awesome Katie, thank you!

Wow, thanks so much Katie!

Awesome, Katie! Thanks!
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

Joanne, where is the link? I'm not seeing it anymore.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Hi,
    I don't see the link. The only thing I see is Shutterfly and when I click on it, it just goes to the Shutterfly web site. Confused???
    Karen

30. I just posted a link to the action.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast