Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: A Place to Share Your DesignerDigitals Albums

1. Ok, I am down to 3 pages to go and my book is ready to preview if you'd like! I also participated in the Ali Edward's "week in the life" challenge and thoroughly loved it. My collage pages are a PKnox freebie template from here, which I used 4 ways by rotating it. I also rounded the corners.
    A week in our Life.

2. a week in our life album

Here's mine.
    http://www.shutterfly.com/photobook/...fd7207a7b1fe91
    I have 3 pages left to complete and upload.

I just spent my entire lunch hour pouring over these wonderful pieces of art! I am in awe of the talent I am so lucky to be among...

I have been planning "A Week in our Life" (the digital version, lol) and have now decided to defintely do it the week of Christmas....Katrina I loved your book...

thanks everyone!
    WOW
    ~Mary

Camera - Canon 40D

Software - PSE 7.0, Lightroom

Just Us - Family Blog

They are so beautiful Erin...I'll try to leave comments later today
    I'm totally going to do a 'daddy's girl' book for Dan's next father's day gift...lots of time to plan
    Heidi

My Gallery
    Camera: Canon Rebel XSi
    Software: Photoshop Elements 5 & Lightroom 2.2

6. viewing your books

When I click on the links, I can't get to the books. I really want to view the books. HELP! What am I doing wrong? I singed in on shutterfly, it takes me to your page, I click on the book, but then nothing happens. Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by ccristina View Post
    When I click on the links, I can't get to the books. I really want to view the books. HELP! What am I doing wrong? I singed in on shutterfly, it takes me to your page, I click on the book, but then nothing happens. Thanks for your help
    I am not sure, when I click on them they work just fine and I have sent them to a few people and they have had no problems, maybe someone else has had this problem too and will enlighten us!

8. Our team lost tonight so I am finished with the album. I'm planning on giving this album to my dd's football cheerleading coaches. Here's hoping they like them and the girls too! TFL!

From The Sidelines / Cheerleading Memories 2008

Kris

My Camera: Canon 50D, 50 mm 1.8, 18-55mm, 75-300mm and Canon 18-200mm EF-S IS Lens
    My Software: PSP X & PSCS2

Okay, I am going to take the plunge. I have been working on this album for weeks. I'm still not sure if some of the writing will be lost on the right hand page ... but here's the link ...
    http://community.shutterfly.com/gall...s2rZo4YA6Qt8Ak

Thanks for looking

Finally the family history book has been finished. I can't wait to get it.

I've really appreciated all the encouragement along the way. Thank you all.
    Last edited by carollee; 12-05-2008 at 10:33 PM.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

11. NYC Marathon 2008

Here is our book chronicling our trip to NYC to watch my cousins run the NYC Marathon. Hope you enjoy!

http://community.shutterfly.com/gall...NWjlizagJLYXXE

Here's my first Shutterfly book!
    I just received my finished book in the mail, and it looks even better than I expected! I really want to thank everyone from DD who helped me with this.

http://community.shutterfly.com/gall...NWjVy4cg0lI17M

13. Ok I'm sold on all these books where can I buy these 12x12 templates? I need some for a 1 year old birthday and also one for a senior. These look great.

How many pages can you buy - is it 20 or 30?

Also the first book when I opened OUR COMMUNITY...shows a wedding book by Heidi...can someone tell me where I can buy that template?

For Christmas I made each of my two son's a photo book filled with some of my favorite photos. Here's Zach's:

http://community.shutterfly.com/gall...t2DZy5cgm3TgSa
    marnie

Quote Originally Posted by Designergirl View Post
    Ok I'm sold on all these books where can I buy these 12x12 templates? I need some for a 1 year old birthday and also one for a senior. These look great.

How many pages can you buy - is it 20 or 30?

Also the first book when I opened OUR COMMUNITY...shows a wedding book by Heidi...can someone tell me where I can buy that template?
    Some of the books here are made from templates others use product from the store here at DD. When you make a shutterfly book it can be as small as 20 pages to a maximum of 100.

Today is New Year's Day and I'm enjoying this "gallery." I'm leaving comments at Shutterfly but just want to highly recommend taking time to sit through every 100 pages of MARK's book--stunning photography and layout.
    http://community.shutterfly.com/gall...NWjlizagJLYXXE
    marnie

Mark your NYC book is really evocative. Feels like being there and is especially poignant to me since my daughter was supposed to run the Disney Marathon this month to celebrate her 40th birthday. instead she had a disc replaced in her neck two weeks ago.....brought tears to my eyes to be so in the thick of your cousins race.

now, A QUESTION::: I have looked around this thread to find your instructions about how to make a two page full bleed photo spread. I remember you telling us how. Was it in a chat? Can you tell me again, please.

Your photos and your processing of them is so stunning. Keep sharing with us. Thanks.
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

Retired Creative Team Member and always family

Scrapbird, how exciting to receive your first book in the mail! I enjoy my cat and can appreciate your loving tribute. Well done!
    marnie

Carol, what a labor of love and legacy. Each page is charming and inspirational. Especially enjoyed your title work. Would love to hear about your Mum's reaction. I'm sure it was the perfect gift for this difficult Christmas. Your creativity will be treasured for years to come.
    marnie

I just finished a quickie year in review 2008 book, from an 8.5 x 11 that I won during one of our Chats here at DD. Of course I procrastinated so it is very basic, but it was an easy way for me to showcase some photos that never managed to get scrapped. I was literally working until the minute my coupon expired. I would have loved a few more embellishments, but I suppose this way it focuses on the photos. Anyhow...here it is!
    Year in Review 2008
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

Bailey, sure doesn't look like a quick job. I especially like the 'toes in the mouth' photo. This will be a fun book for years to come.
    marnie

Adryane,
    What a cute guy! Also looks like he's a really good artist (gets his talent from his Mom)! I think it's so important to know your story--this will be a treasured legacy for years to come.
    marnie

23. Quote Originally Posted by phfphd View Post
    Mark your NYC book is really evocative. Feels like being there and is especially poignant to me since my daughter was supposed to run the Disney Marathon this month to celebrate her 40th birthday. instead she had a disc replaced in her neck two weeks ago.....brought tears to my eyes to be so in the thick of your cousins race.

now, A QUESTION::: I have looked around this thread to find your instructions about how to make a two page full bleed photo spread. I remember you telling us how. Was it in a chat? Can you tell me again, please.

Your photos and your processing of them is so stunning. Keep sharing with us. Thanks.
    Thank you thank you. Sorry to hear about your daughter but sounds like she will run another day! I am running the NYC marathon in Nov so someone is going to have to come and take pictures of me this time!

For a two page spread I create a 24 x 12 document in Photoshop and enlarge my picture to fill the space. Then you add the picture to your book twice on facing pages. On the first page you go into "crop" and move the crop all the way to the left. On the second page you move the crop all the way to the right and viola! That works pretty well if you don't mind losing a bit in the middle because of the binding.

Just finished my Ice Storm photo book--just photos. tfl

http://community.shutterfly.com/gall...t2DZy5cg_PpnDS
    marnie

OMG, I am having major brain farts today. My mom used to say not to sew on Sundays, apparently I shouldn't try posting links to Shutterfly books either. Anyway after much trial and error and two deleted posts, here is a link to my daily december book.

all through the house
    By: dorahj

http://community.shutterfly.com/gall...s2jJu3cgej5EAA

And here's a link to another book. this was a joint photography excursion by my son and I back in October.

Fall Into Ohio
    By: dorahj

http://community.shutterfly.com/gall...s2jJu3cgXQ_TdK

26. GORGEOUS photos in your Ice Storm book, Marnie! Love the simplicity of the design! I always find it fascinating to see evidence of nature's power. Just beautiful ...
    Tracy

Software PS CS6
    Platform Mac (Naturally)
    Camera Canon 60D

Mark, thanks for the info about the two page technique. Keep us posted about your NYC marathon...by son is in NY (though he is talking about moving to Argentina for the fall!?!) so you never know who might be in the crowd snapping shots!!
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

Retired Creative Team Member and always family

I didn't want to start a new thread, so here's my link to my December Daily.

December Daily 2008

Sarah

Love how your book turned out, Sarah. Love the photo you chose for the cover.

Sarah,
    A Family Treasure for years to come! Splendid! Great close up shots of candy canes, sheet music, and cookies. You are one talented woman--musical, you bake, and scrapbook--of course! Marnie
    marnie

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast