Thread: What a day and it is only half over!!!

What a day and it is only half over!!!

I got up this morning and was getting the baby breakfast and get dh's coffee and such ready when I caught my little toe on our kitchen island and broke it and if that wasn't enough to put a kink in the day, the baby got a bite yesterday that this morning was swelled to 4 inches wide, called the doc because dh is VERY allergic to stinging insects. They wanted me to just use benadryl but I insited on being seen because of dh's allergies. We rushed in to the doctor (more like hobbled), to find out it is a spider bite (and teh doctor said wow that looks ugly-glad I insisted!!) and had indeed gotten infected (in 24 hours) and they put her on 2 different kinds of antibiotics (and confirmed my broken toe). So now we are home, baby is lunching then napping and I am TOAST!

Thanks for listening!

What a day Erin!!! At least you didn't break a finger for typing.

I am being very thankful for my boring day!

So sorry. I hope it all gets better.
    Denise Gormish
    Mom of Jackie (18) Jenny (15) and my English Cocker Spaniel 3-year-old Radiance Grand Prix RL1 AKC TD ASCA TD, i.e. Cody

My English Cocker Spaniels in my heart forever:
    Auld Sod Red Magic Merlin CGC CD OA OAJ OAC NJC (Merlin)
    Elan's Surprise Surprise CGC NA NAJ (Arthur)

oh erin...take a nap and just lay low you've had a tough one already!

babyroo7 Guest
    Oh Erin! I am glad that you insisted on your baby being seen! I'm so sorry for your terrible day! Keep us posted on your toe and the spider bite!
    Thinking of you.....

5. oh no... sounds like the saying.. "it doesn't rain unless it pours!" prayers for a quick recovery for you both...

6. Quote Originally Posted by katrinak View Post
    oh erin...take a nap and just lay low you've had a tough one already!
    Ditto Katrina! Take care of yourself!
    -Paula

Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XT
    Software: Adobe PSCS2, PSE 5.0
    my gallery

live.scrap.repeat

Well, the rest of the day will probably seem calm compared to the morning! I'm glad you insisted on the baby being seen. I had a spider bite when I was a child that caused a MAJOR problem. You were very wise. Keep your foot elevated as much as you can and don't try to do too much. This is a time for being babied a little yourself!
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

And I thought I had a crappy day.... PUH!! Hope all is better with you and Erin!! {{{{good vibes}}}}}
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D4S & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6

Oh what a yucky day - you deserve to take a break & rest! Order pizza tonight

Oh no, what a morning. Hope those medicines took the trick and there is a speedy recovery. And better a toe than a finger but - ouch!

OH good grief! Don't you just hate when you have days like this?! I think that since you are now crippled and the baby needs to be tended to that maybe you should skip any housework that you might have planned to do and maybe order pizza for dinner like Kayleigh suggested. And, if you think you must then maybe you could just make up a quick layout about the day. . . just so you can look back and smile that is. :O) Hope you feel better and the pizza is the perfect temperature.
    ~Kelly

Oh no!!! Sorry you had a bummer day! Hope your toe feels better soon and that spider bite gets better by morning!! HUGS!!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

Oh, Erin, I am so sorry about your rotten day! I broke my toe in a similar fashion a while back and it sure does hurt! Glad you followed your intuition and took the baby to the doctor. Hope both of you are feeling better soon. And pizza or take home chinese...
    My Gallery

My Gear: Canon 50D, Canon EF 50mm 1.4, Canon EF 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS, Tamron 28-300mm IF
    My Software: PSE 7, Noiseware Professional, Lightroom 1.4

Oh, my goodness--you poor thing! But kudos to you for following your excellent mommy instincts despite your own pain! Tomorrow will be better.
    Laura in CT

My Gear: Canon 40D; 15-85mm, 55-250mm, & 50mm f/1.8; PSE6 & Aperture 3.
    My Blog: Honeypot Rambles
    My DD Gallery

What a day! I hope that you're both doing better this evening! Hugs and good thoughts for a better day tomorrow!
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

16. Erin, sorry about your day. Hope it's all smooth sailing from now on. Hugs!
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Awwww, you guys are all so sweet. I was telling my dh the other day what a wonderful community DD is. And this is just another instance of that.

Compared to this morning the rest of the day was nice and quiet! I am a hurting puppy and I think I will take the evening off and put my poor tootsie up. Baby is taking her meds and not protesting and her swelling is not increasing. So all is on the mend here! Thanks so much for your prayers and well wishes.

So sorry about your terrible, horrible, no good, bad morning! Glad to hear you and your dd are on the mend. Hopefully your dh has supplied you with a silver bell so you can ring him with whatever demands your heart desires... ice-pack for the toe, ice-cream, massage, etc!

ai yi yi! big hugs.
    Debbie

yuk day... I've been having those lately ! I also have broken a few toes in my years so I KNOW the pain. So HUGEST hugs and I hope the spider bite recovers well too !
    my blog
    my gallery

Tools of the trade :
    Nikon chick D700 D200 D70
    lenses : 70-200;18-70 50mm 1.4 85mm 1.8 18-200 Flashing chick SB800
    macbookpro chick
    The chick needs - Nikon 24-70 2.8 ed & nikon 70-200 !

oh gosh, what a day! I'm glad you are both healing & I'm so sorry your dear baby got a spider bite...yuck! Do you know what kind of spider? Do you have to wear a cast on your toe/foot? Feel better soon!
    Jennifer

22. Glad you all are on the mend now! Hope today is a relaxing one!

Wow Erin...what a day indeed! Hope your toe feels better...I had mine broken from soccer a few years back & its not fun! Good thing its summer & you can wear sandles cause shoes are a b*t*h to put on!
    Hope your little one is feeling better too
    Heidi

My Gallery
    Camera: Canon Rebel XSi
    Software: Photoshop Elements 5 & Lightroom 2.2