Thread: 10 Weeks 2 Treasure - week 2

Hybrid View

10 Weeks 2 Treasure - week 2

It's week 2!!

If you haven't already seen it--check out the DesignerDetails blog for the second week of a new series I'm calling 10 weeks to Treasure!

After 10 weeks of participating... you'll have a treasure...
    a 20-page photobook!! And you can join in any time and catch up with us!

And one lucky participant will win a free shutterfly 12x12 photobook and everyone who participates will receive a discount coupon!

Be sure to link us up to your pages for this week on this thread and at then end of the ten weeks we'll all link each other up to our photobooks in the Shutterfly gallery!!

Let's see those pages--link me up!!! And share with us your theme and approach to your book!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

I'm in for Week 2!

Ian's Birth Book

I'm documenting the day Ian was born trying to stick with a simple theme throughout just telling the story and letting Katie's great designs do all of the work! It will be great to have this finished just after his 3rd birthday!!

I must admit I almost went back this week and changed colors and embellishments, but am fighting myself just to stick with my original decisions!!

Thanks katie for the inspiration!

3. I'm still in it! Trying to do 2 books at the same time...

Horse Camp Book

Our Summer Book -- new pages for this one coming soon!
    -- Lisa
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Stuff...
    Camera: Nikon D50 w/ Speedlight SB-600 flash, Canon PowerShot A470
    Lenses: 18-35mm, 50mm 1:1.8D, 80-200mm
    Computer: PC w/ Windows Vista 64, Epson Perfection V500 Scanner (for those old pics that I still have to get into digi format!), Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Printer, Wacom Bamboo Tablet
    Software: PSE 6.0 with Noiseware Standard Plug-in, LightRoom 2, ACDSee Photo Manager 2009

I've just completed my 3 & 4 pages. This is so much fun and I can't wait to see the completed book at the end!!

The Bruce

I was also contemplating changing my colour scheme to something brighter, but I'll stick with this, it's different for me! I'm also not sure I'll stick to doing B/W photos by the end, but instead I'll think throw a few in with colour.

5. I know what you all mean . . . I keep wanting to change and add things too! But, I am trying to stay as close to the template as possible to keep it simple - especially since I am making two books! However, I couldn't help myself on my Horse Camp Book, I had to change the edger because I didn't think the flowers were a good match for horse camp. I ended up modifying one of Katie's frames (Round Up Frames) to use in place of the floral edger.
    -- Lisa
    My Stuff...
    Computer: PC w/ Windows Vista 64, Epson Perfection V500 Scanner (for those old pics that I still have to get into digi format!), Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Printer, Wacom Bamboo Tablet
    Software: PSE 6.0 with Noiseware Standard Plug-in, LightRoom 2, ACDSee Photo Manager 2009

6. Just finished page 3 and page 4 of Eli's First year Album... I think I am going to use these templates to do Eden's at the same time... that way I can get it done before she turns two!

7. I can't seem to stop looking at these albums!!! Love what I'm seeing!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Me too! I love looking at them as well. I love doing them too. I hope this happens agian when we finish these. I already have loads of ideas for the boxed up photos that I long to display.

I finally got started on my book. It's pictures are from our recent trip to Nebraska..We went for a wedding but because Tom and I hadn't been on a trip together in 3 years...we did alot of sightseeing. It was like stepping back in time. People there actually go the speed limit! It was crazy. I loved it (but quickly missed my computer).
    Michele
    Captures
    Sunlight Sketches: A 365 Project

My Gear: Nikon D60 w/ 18-55 VR lens & 55-200 VR lens
    My Software: Photoshop CS4, Lightroom,

I just finished my first 2 last night, I hope I can still play along. I am planning on doing 3 and 4 tonight or tomorrow. Hope there is room for a latecomer
    Cancun 2007
    page 2
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Such perfect timing for my recent vacation with hubby to Costa Rica.
    Here are my first 4 pages:
    Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    My Gallery

My Blog

My Gear: Canon 20D w/Tamron 18-250mm lens
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS2 & PSE 6

Okay, I managed to catch up, here are
    page 3
    page 4

I really enjoy these templates! Thanks for the challenge
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

12. Well . . . I got caught up with my second book about our Summer and then some! LOL! I tried to keep the LO's of my dd's dance recital to one page, but after several days of working on it, I just couldn't do it! Too many cute pics! So, I modified the LO of the template a few times and made 6 pages instead of 2! Now I can't wait until Sunday to get the next LO so that I can move on to the next set of pics already waiting to be scrapped!
    -- Lisa
    My Stuff...