Thread: 10 Weeks 2 Treasure - week 1

Hybrid View

10 Weeks 2 Treasure - week 1

If you haven't already seen it--check out the DesignerDetails blog for the first week of a new series I'm calling 10 weeks to Treasure!

After 10 weeks of participating... you'll have a treasure...
    a 20-page photobook!!

And one lucky participant will win a free shutterfly 12x12 photobook and everyone who participates will receive a discount coupon!

Be sure to link us up to your pages on this thread and at then end of the ten weeks we'll all link each other up to our photobooks in the Shutterfly gallery!!

Let's see those pages--link me up!!! And share with us your theme and approach to your book!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

what a fabulous idea katie - may just be the kick in the butt I need to get a book done.

~Mary

Camera - Canon 40D

Software - PSE 7.0, Lightroom

Just Us - Family Blog

I love this idea Katie! Now I just need to figure out what to make a book out of. I'm leaning towards a book for my mom for christmas with old pictures.

4. Katie, you're just brimming over with good ideas. I'm still deciding on my theme. Can't wait to see what everyone decides to create with your templates.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    PSE 11.0
    Lightroom 4
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Finally!!

After 3 years I've finally completed the first two pages for Ian's birth/baby book! I've been waiting to make them perfect...and I've decided to just get over myself and get it done! Thanks Katie for just the nudge I've needed! I'm sticking to two great Katie paper packs, Ali's handwriting font and hand drawn brushes and a few of Pattie's acrylic elements. That's it! No second guessing...no changing my mind...just going for it!

A few weeks after Ian's third birthday I will proudly be able to hold the pages all about his birth!!

Ian's Birth Book

6. Quote Originally Posted by katrinak View Post
    Finally!!

After 3 years I've finally completed the first two pages for Ian's birth/baby book! I've been waiting to make them perfect...and I've decided to just get over myself and get it done! Thanks Katie for just the nudge I've needed! I'm sticking to two great Katie paper packs, Ali's handwriting font and hand drawn brushes and a few of Pattie's acrylic elements. That's it! No second guessing...no changing my mind...just going for it!

A few weeks after Ian's third birthday I will proudly be able to hold the pages all about his birth!!

Ian's Birth Book
    Oh my gosh Katrina, you sound just like me! I have been "starting" Eli's book for soooo long... he will be 3 in August...not to mention, I need to start one for Eden too... Maybe this will work for me... off to put that template in my shopping cart....

Fabulous templates Kate! Thanks so much!
    I'm making a castle book with them. Here's a link!
    First Castles

Sounds so exciting...I'm off to check it out
    Heidi

My Gallery
    Camera: Canon Rebel XSi
    Software: Photoshop Elements 5 & Lightroom 2.2

I am so far behind on all my scanning and challenges and journaling and blogging that I will simply NEVAH! get the laundry done!

Its all too much fun around here....
    --Lynn

Yeah, got started! This is so exciting! Here is the link to my book - it's going to be based on our trip to the Bruce Peninsula in Ontario (a stunningly beautiful place to go!!).

The Bruce

I first had a free book made by a photo store here last fall, it was a stock template you got to choose from and it was terrible!! I'm so glad it was free. So I'm going to build it again, Katie style, and I know this time it will rock!!

11. what Katie do you think we have nothing to do but scrapbook lol well your right what a cool idea

Belle
    My Gear: Canon 400 D
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 6, Lightroom 2 , wacom intuous
    My website

12. We have so many activities going on this summer (golf, tennis, a play, piano, camp). I think this album will be the perfect thing to scrap our summer!
    Jill

DD Gallery

Software: Photoshop Elements 6
    Camera: Canon Rebel XT
    Lenses: 50 mm 1.8, 18-55 mm, 75-300

13. Here's my first 2 pages of my album! Thanks for this challenge Katie.. just the push I need!

Page 1

Page 2
    Last edited by Island Girl; 06-17-2008 at 04:12 PM. Reason: moved pictures

Woo hoo!! So excited to see all the excitement for this series!! Can't wait to see all the books we create!! I'm sorry I'm way behind in the gallery but I promise to catch up soon!! This is going to be so great for us all to get our books done!!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac