Thread: "Shutterfly-ready" templates

"Shutterfly-ready" templates

Can someone tell me what is "Shutterfly-ready" about Katie's new Create-a-Book templates? I just--this minute!--got a coupon in my email for a free 8x8 Shutterfly book, which naturally expires in a week or so, so if I'm going to take advantage of it, I have to get a move on and scrap all week. I'm trying to figure out if these templates will help me even though I won't be able to take 10 weeks to make this book. I did make a Shutterfly book once before, and a little (not a lot) got cut off on the edges, so I'm willing to buy a template to prevent that...
    Laura in CT

My Gear: Canon 40D; 15-85mm, 55-250mm, & 50mm f/1.8; PSE6 & Aperture 3.
    My Blog: Honeypot Rambles
    My DD Gallery

I just got that coupon too!!

the shutterfly-ready means that they are sized for shutterfly, slightly smaller than 12x12, so you won't lose anything. They still have to trim a little for the full-bleed but it's designed for that!

HTH!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

I was so excited to get that coupon too! I love Katie's Shuttefly Ready pages!

4. Yes, I got that coupon too and am in the middle of creating a book! Only 7 more pages to go plus the cover....
    ~Maureen
    My Gallery
    My Blog
    My Writing
    My tools:
    PSE 6.0
    Rebel T3i, 50mm 1.4, 80-200mm

That's wonderful
    Heidi

My Gallery
    Camera: Canon Rebel XSi
    Software: Photoshop Elements 5 & Lightroom 2.2

6. hmm, wonder how one gets that "free" coupon - I just got one for $5.00 off lol!
    Francine

My Gallery

Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5
    Gear: Nikon D50 w/28-80 mm, 70-300 Tamron lenses
    Lightroom 3

7. Quote Originally Posted by Digigal View Post
    hmm, wonder how one gets that "free" coupon - I just got one for $5.00 off lol!

I have no clue other than I already had a book in-progress in my account and I had ordered several books through the year.
    ~Maureen
    My Gallery
    My Blog
    My Writing
    My tools:
    PSE 6.0
    Rebel T3i, 50mm 1.4, 80-200mm

8. Thanks, Maureen, that's prob. the reason.
    Francine

My Gallery

Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5
    Gear: Nikon D50 w/28-80 mm, 70-300 Tamron lenses
    Lightroom 3

Free photo book question... Maybe Katie can help?!? Last time I "earned a free 8x8 photo book" by placing a "qualifying order" I had a BIG problem ordering a "digital scrapbook". The code usually comes right off and when it wouldnt work at checkout I had to call. After speaking to a manage they pushed it through but told me some promotions DO NOT include digital scrapbooks even though it did not state that in the details. I got the same code in my email but I didnt want to go through the hassle if it would be a problem (I dont like being confrontational ) Anyone used a code like this before with no problems?

ETA: Sorry for hijacking, I probably should have started a new thread as this isnt really related to the templates... ops
    Last edited by Starlite9711; 06-16-2008 at 04:32 PM. Reason: hijack
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

10. I had the same problem in reverse...got really frustrated because I had created a photobook and not a scrapbook and didn't get the discount, read the thread here which told me my problem, but then I couldn't figure out how to take the photobook and put it in the scrapbook pages. So anyway, I took advantage of the "earn a free photobook" with qualifying order, instead. I still haven't figured out how to navigate thru their system and do all the things mentioned here at DD, such as turning on/off the color thing, nor putting the photobook pages to the scrapbook, but I do love their product and quality that comes out of it!

I got the free book offer too. I'm going to do a reprint of my "Things" book, seeings I gave the one I made to my mum. I'm going to have one for me now!
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo