Thread: I bought my camera

Smile I bought my camera

After spending hours looking and trying the different cameras, I bought the Nikon D60, it seemed to be the perfect fit in my hand and had most of the features I was looking for in my price range. It came with the Nikkor 18-55 VR lens. I also purchased the Nikkor 55-200 mm VR. I really wanted the 18-200 VR lens but couldn't swing the price . All I need now is to figure out how everything works, so I can take it off auto mode

2. How fun! I'm excited for you!
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

FUN!! Your going to love it!!!!!!!!!!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

4. congrats! have fun playing.

Janice

My Gear: Canon XTi, 18-55 mm lens (Canon), 75-300mm Lens (Canon), 50 mm 1.8 lens (Canon)
    Software: PSE 5.0, Lightroom

my quilts: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2261921...7621758913540/

my blog: http://familyphotosfabric.blogspot.com/

babyroo7 Guest
    I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see some pics from your new camera! Congrats!

Congratulations! Have fun and awaiting your photos.

Ooooooh, how fun! Congratulations! Enjoy it! (Like you wouldn't... hahaha)
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop Elements 10
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Congratulations on your new camera, Connie! I just ordered a new one too, maybe we can learn together. I never did get brave enough to take my last camera off auto. Have fun!
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

Congratulations! Can't wait to see your great photos

Quote Originally Posted by grandma lynnie View Post
    Congratulations on your new camera, Connie! I just ordered a new one too, maybe we can learn together. I never did get brave enough to take my last camera off auto. Have fun!
    YEAH!!! Can't wait to see what you create

Oh, you girls are going to have fun! Can't wait to see those photos!
    My Gallery

My Gear: Canon 50D, Canon EF 50mm 1.4, Canon EF 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS, Tamron 28-300mm IF
    My Software: PSE 7, Noiseware Professional, Lightroom 1.4

Lynnie, congrats on your new camera, we are going to have a blast learning together, and just maybe with the help of all the wonderful people here we will both be able to take our cameras off auto.

Thanks everyone for the happy wishes. I just posted my 4/11-4/13 photos on DD flickr group. I took a quick glance at the gallery, everyones post looks wonderful. I'm not sure I will be able to get caught up, but will try to tomorrow.

Oh, you're gonna love it! I rememeber when I bought the Nikon D50, almos two years ago and my life changed.... well, at least when it came to my photography!
    Study the manual and get a good book on digital photography. AND go out and shoot shoot shoot - it's the only way to learn!

Congrats & enjoy it! I used to teach photography classes (continuing education through the local parks/rec district) before I had my daughter. If you have questions please feel free to email me & I'll do my best to help! I can't promise total expertise, lol, but I'll do what I can!

And of course I know there are TONS of great photographers here, which can be easily seen from looking at all the fab LO's. So there are many people who can help, I'm sure!

Congratulations! Have fun with it and be sure and share your photos with us!

17. Congrats! you will love it!
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography
    Camera: Nikon D800
    Lenses: 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 17-35 f/2.8, 28-300, 24-70mm f/2.8
    Extras: Speedlight SB-700, Alien Bee 800
    Software: Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4