Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't complete a layout without?? ...

Hybrid View

Question Can't complete a layout without?? ...

I'm interested in finding out what everybody’s fave items are right now ... mine have be some sort of stitching (partial to Anna's stitched frames), Katie's poked holes, and something just ::needs:: to be stapled down, or it's not done!

What are your must use items right now?

Welll, I have used every one of Pattie's templates, I think! I also usually include something felt of hers and at least one of her brads!

I also find myself using Katie's Grunge Overlays A LOT!
    <TABLE style="WIDTH: 686pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=915 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 686pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 33462" width=915><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 686pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=915 height=17>Grunge Overlays </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE style="WIDTH: 686pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=915 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 686pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 33462" width=915><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 686pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=915 height=17>Grunge Overlays No 02 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE style="WIDTH: 686pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=915 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 686pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 33462" width=915><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 686pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=915 height=17>Grunge Overlays No 03 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Katie's staples are the best, too! And anything blue is a must!
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

3. I don't think I can do a layout without Katie's krafty papers in some form or another! Also, it seems I'm using something I learned from one of Cassie's fabulous tutorials on every layout!
    Kelly
    Check out my slowly growing gallery!

Camera: Sony DSC-T5 and Kodak Z1275
    Software: PSE 7.0 (PC) and CS3 (Mac)

4. pretty much any frame by Katie, and Anna's distressed tool kits (i have 3 of them, the rest will be purchased at some point).

Janice

My Gear: Canon XTi, 18-55 mm lens (Canon), 75-300mm Lens (Canon), 50 mm 1.8 lens (Canon)
    Software: PSE 5.0, Lightroom

my quilts: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2261921...7621758913540/

my blog: http://familyphotosfabric.blogspot.com/

5. My latest obsession is Lynn's Worn Strips....I think I have used them on every page lately!!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

I'm feeling the need to stitch EVERYTHING down lately

Here are a few of my faves...

Great thread, Kayleigh! These are my go to items~it!

Lynn's Worn Strips
    Pattie's Felt Hearts
    Katie's Stitching Holes
    Anna's Zig Zag Frames

8. Currently . . . I can't complete a layout unless I have at least three other, more pressing, projects due within 48 hours. For some reason, that is when I am the best at finding time for a layout "just for me."

Oh, wait . . . that's not what you were looking for, is it?

You wanted actual PRODUCTS . . . got it.

I want to use these on every single page and I have to slap my hand every time. Otherwise, it would be a notebook paper world around here.

Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

9. I have to use Katie's frames. Love them.
    Kelleigh

visit my blog!

10. Kraft kraft kraft & tape! I also love notebook paper.
    Lisa
    Check out My Gallery
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi with 17-85mm IS & 50mm 1.8 lenses, Speedlite 430EX & Gary Fong Lightsphere (clear)
    Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 (Mac)

Lately I find myself just having to use a tailed something (sooo happy to see the new tailed journalers!!) and Katie's petite paper flowers... if it is a ribbon, has to be the hemp ribbon or Kellie's ribbon edgers... and 1 paper isn't enough, have to try to blend multiple elements together.. Anna's grafix work wonders with Katie's notebook papers... and um... because Cassie's tutorials have me looking at everything, I am having problems about seeing things as they are but more of what they could be!

12. like cassie, i'm using katie's notebook paper a lot, i have a ton of pages with Anna's monoblendz origins papers on them, and her stitched frames lately, too. so much to love here!

babyroo7 Guest
    What a great thread idea! I have been a button freak lately along with stitching of some sort. I think that I have a frame in every LO that I do too! I want to start using tape more & I need to get some overlays mixed in the bunch.

14. Katie's frames are a must and I almost always refer to at least one (if not more) of Cassie's tutorials as I work through a page! So many tips and tricks abound!
    Michelle
    Camera: Olympus E-600
    Software: PSE 8.0
    My Blog

15. I find myself forever pulling Katie's Krafty and/or notebook paper packs out . . . even if I end up not using them, I always have them in my bin.

I hope there isn't an unwitten law saying that a person can only use Krafty paper "X" number of times ... I would be in big trouble!!!!

Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Here are a few of my go to products:

There are many more.

Tara
    My Gallery

My NEW Blog
    My Gear: Apple 27" iMac, Adobe CS5 & Lightroom, Canon Rebel T2i and Wacom Tablet.

Another thread reminded me of my new go to item!!

Katie's Drop Shadow Style for Elements!! LOVE THESE!!

When I first started digital I was a simple girl, barely any elements just papers and brushes. Well now I seem to want to keep adding and adding. Namely stitches (anna's and katie's), stitching holes, buttons, ribbons, Im even ready to buy some flowers (gasp), and some more alphas, I am loving alphas. I do have to say that the Krafty papers and notebook paper at least make an appearance during every layout, and if I talk myself out of those, It's one of Jesse's solids. (lov-el-y solids are a fav) OK I am loving Annas distress tools too!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

frames. love making photos look like 'real' photos. katies vintage frames. all of them LOL
    blank journal spots, in their many forms. use for journalling, layering under pics, dates, frames etc etc.
    some kind of messy stitching, like the bit of machine stitching n Anna's homage kit. or her about a boy page set.
    wonky staples. I like my staples wonky like the one in the under the tree kit by katie
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

I like wonky staples too! I'd love to see a wonky staple set in the store....Big staples, backwards staples...hint hint....

Oh yes, I am so with Brenda on the staples! I *need* some! Only I'm not hinting; I'm begging.

Katina

22. Katie's frames and ledger grid brushes in addition to stitching

Not a product, but I can't seem to make a layout without using the Edit>Stroke feature to outline photos or pieces of paper...it's like I'm OCD about it. (Kind of like inking the edges compulsively in paperscrapping, which I also do!)

Products? Hmmm. Krafty Ledger paper for sure...Kellie's Double Dates series, Jesse's Title Lines (heck, ANYTHING by Jesse)...Pattie's Felt Friends usually make an appearance somewhere in my pages...
    Janet
    **My learning curve is full-figured.**

My blog

My stuff
    Camera: Canon Digital Rebel
    Software: PS 7.0. I'm old school, baby.

Not a product, but I can't seem to make a layout without using the Edit>Stroke feature to outline photos or pieces of paper...it's like I'm OCD about it. (Kind of like inking the edges compulsively in paperscrapping, which I also do!)
    oh my Janet - I stroke everything too! can't help it....
    ~Mary

Camera - Canon 40D

Software - PSE 7.0, Lightroom

Just Us - Family Blog

staple set in the works for you all!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

26. Thanks Katie!

Oh, my gosh! Thanks, Katie, I can't wait! Now, were you already working on some or are you doing them just for us? Actually, either way is for us, right?

I know it's been said before, but you and DD are the best!

Katina

28. I have to second Katie's new drop shadows for PSE. WHAT a timesaver!! I recommend them all over the place. (Mostly so people will notice that there MIGHT be something funky about their drop shadows. Hmm. . . was that mean?) Okay, that being said, please PM me if you think my drop shadows need work!! (How embarrassing!)

ALSO, which Anna ****** distressed kit and distressed overlay should I buy?? I NEED them!! Give me some recommendations!
    Kelleigh

visit my blog!

29. Quote Originally Posted by TomKat View Post
    Oh, my gosh! Thanks, Katie, I can't wait! Now, were you already working on some or are you doing them just for us? Actually, either way is for us, right?

I know it's been said before, but you and DD are the best!

Katina
    I do believe it's just for you. Katie's great, huh?
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

Quote Originally Posted by 1gr8muggle View Post
    I do believe it's just for you. Katie's great, huh?
    She most certainly is!

Katina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast