Thread: Honkin' drop shadows - When would I use them?

1. Honkin' drop shadows - When would I use them?

I really DO want to know when I would use the big, honkin' drop shadows from Katie's new Drop Shadow Styles for PSE collection. I typically use small outer glow or small subtle drop shadow. Are these the right ones to be using with paper? I've been using them for everything. Am I doing this right? (And, please don't say it's a personal preference! I want my digi pages to look like REAL paper! And . . . I don't use pop-dots very often!)

I am serious ladies!! I want to know! I'm always so concerned about my drop shadows!
    Kelleigh

visit my blog!

2. Well . . . sorry . . . but it's . . .

personal preference.

Seriously, I can't give any advice here. Lately, I've been using much more dramatic drop shadows, and I'm liking the results. But, if the design would be something that was securely taped down, I would use the lighter shadow. Just try to visualize the "real thing" and go with . . . . personal preference.
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

3. Oh, Cassie. I knew you would do that to me.

Is "the lighter shadow" one of the two I mentioned? Can you tell me what Katie equivalent your "more dramatic" drop shadow is? (Sorry, had to make this harder on you!!)
    Kelleigh

visit my blog!

4. I would likely use the "strong" one a lot.
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2