Thread: Link to Free Ali Edwards Handwriting Font

Link to Free Ali Edwards Handwriting Font

Good Morning,
    Just got an email from Creating Keepsakes with a link to Ali Edwards handwriting font.
    Enjoy.
    http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/mag...dex_field=2112
    Nancy

2. Thanks for the link, the font is really cute!
    Meridith
    aka Moriginals

Camera: Nikon D80
    Software: PSE5, CS3

my blog Moriginals
    my gallery

3. Yes, thanks . . . now you can all go get Ali's handwriting and use the "real thing." Susie's hand has long been criticized as a pirated font of her handwriting. It's great that she's offering the real deal for free.
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

HUGE Thanks!!!

I've always loved Susie's Hand but felt guilty using it!
    Tracy
    Army Wife, Homeschool Mom

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. ~Romans 8:28 NIV

thanks for the link, this is very neat!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Quote Originally Posted by tracy.digigirl View Post
    I've always loved Susie's Hand but felt guilty using it!
    Ditto!! I know what you mean!

Got it Thank you!
    My Gallery

My NEW Blog
    My Gear: Apple 27" iMac, Adobe CS5 & Lightroom, Canon Rebel T2i and Wacom Tablet.

Thanks for the link! It's a great font!!!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

9. I can't download it for some reason - and now you have me feeling bad about my fave font Susie's Hand!
    Lisa
    Check out My Gallery
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi with 17-85mm IS & 50mm 1.8 lenses, Speedlite 430EX & Gary Fong Lightsphere (clear)
    Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 (Mac)

Ali

Ali actually lives in my hometown!!! We met on Myspace about a year ago before she started with Creating Keepsakes.
    Camera: Canon 50D, and Digital Rebel XTI
    Lenses: 50mm 1.2 (Canon), 28-135mm (Canon), 50mm 1.8 (Canon), 18-55mm (Canon), 75-300mm (Sigma)
    Software: Photoshop CS4
    Flash: Alien Bee B800 x2, Canon 580EXII,
    Oh, and a pretty pink Jill-E bag!

11. Help! I want this so bad & cannot download it. Any suggestions? I have a Mac - have no idea what the problem is.
    Lisa
    Check out My Gallery
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi with 17-85mm IS & 50mm 1.8 lenses, Speedlite 430EX & Gary Fong Lightsphere (clear)
    Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 (Mac)

Are you using Safari or Firefox? I know that I can have weird glitches at times with trying to do things with Safari so mainly use Firefox.

Thanks so much for the link.....I have always loved her handwriting...and hated my own!!!

Pam

Having problems too -- on a Mac as well

Quote Originally Posted by lwarren View Post
    Help! I want this so bad & cannot download it. Any suggestions? I have a Mac - have no idea what the problem is.
    When I'm trying to download this, I simply get a text file that's a bunch of garble. Any suggestions other Mac gals on how we can download this?

Do you get a .ttf file?

I just tried again with Mac OSX Leopard and Firefox and have no problems downloading it.

When you click on it, is it opening in FontBook or TextEdit and showing the garble? If it is opening in TextEdit, it will only show garble. If that is what is happening, right click on the file and tell it to open with FontBook instead. That should have it open up with a window showing the font and the ability to hit the Install button.

Hope that works for you!

Lisa, I couldn't download it with Safari and tried a number of times but Firefox caught it with no problem! Thanks for the link Nancy.

17. Quote Originally Posted by creativegirl View Post
    When I'm trying to download this, I simply get a text file that's a bunch of garble. Any suggestions other Mac gals on how we can download this?
    just Ctrl-click the link and choose "Save Linked File to the Desktop." When you look to your desktop you'll see a file called CK_Ali_Writing.ttf.txt . . . Highlight the icon and press Option+Return to rename it and remove the ".txt" part so that it is just called CK_Ali_Writing.ttf . . . you will be prompted to confirm that you want to change the extension. Select "use .ttf" and it will change to the proper type of file. Double click the renamed icon and it will automatically load into Font Book.

This is an odd thing that has ONLY happened to me when I try to download free fonts from CK. It's never happened on any other site.
    Cassie

Thanks, Cassie!

Quote Originally Posted by 1gr8muggle View Post
    just Ctrl-click the link and choose "Save Linked File to the Desktop." When you look to your desktop you'll see a file called CK_Ali_Writing.ttf.txt . . . Highlight the icon and press Option+Return to rename it and remove the ".txt" part so that it is just called CK_Ali_Writing.ttf . . . you will be prompted to confirm that you want to change the extension. Select "use .ttf" and it will change to the proper type of file. Double click the renamed icon and it will automatically load into Font Book.

This is an odd thing that has ONLY happened to me when I try to download free fonts from CK. It's never happened on any other site.
    This worked. I thought that maybe it was a TTF file, but the text seemed so short that I thought I'd messed it up. Thanks for the explanation, as always you do such a GREAT job.

p.s. I'm reading HP with my 7-year-old and think for certain you are no muggle

Quote Originally Posted by 1gr8muggle View Post

OMGoodness it worked! Now I have two of that font. I wonder if I can sell the extra copy! Thank you Cassie, for the learning tip of the day!

I have always loved Ali's handwriting, its so nice of her to give it away as a font. It's my new fave, already used it a few times!!

WOW! Thank You!! I love this font!!!

22. I'm having trouble finding this in my font list when I try to use it. What does it show up as? CK Ali? Ali Edwards?

23. Mine shows up as CK_Alis_Writing.
    Cassie

I can find mine in my FONTS folder but I can't "install" it... it's frustrating! Cassie, I see the underlines and all and it's on the list, but it's not actually installed. (I know, I know... get a Mac, Debi!)
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

25. lol . . . sorry, Debi. I don't know what to tell you. Maybe someone that's used to dealing with PC issues will pop over and help out. Hang in there . . . I'm sure you'll find some OTHER font to suit your needs for now.
    Cassie

That sounds strange Debi...

Have you tried downloading it again? Restarting Photoshop?

It is listed as CK_Alis_Writing. I didn't have to unzip it, just loaded it into my fonts folder in the Control Panel.

Hope this helps? Are you running XP or Vista?

Quote Originally Posted by katrinak View Post
    ...just loaded it into my fonts folder in the Control Panel.
    That was it, Katrina! I had loaded it in a fonts folder I created myself to store potential fonts for the Wednesday challenges... it was NOT in the fonts folder in the Control Panel! Thank you, thank you!

And, yes, Cassie... I can ALWAYS find another font!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

28. Anyone know where I can get this? The link no longer works and my original file got corrupted somehow....

Check out this thread. Katie links to her official site download.