Thread: Scrapping my wedding. Kits?

Scrapping my wedding. Kits?

Hi all. I am finally getting around to scrapping my wedding (um, I got married 3 1/2 years ago *blush*). I was going through pics today and starting to come up with what things I want to remember/scrap. BUT my question. Are there any kits that you guys can point me towards that would work for weddings? I know I am being very vague but I am not sure what I want yet. It was a fall wedding/outside and the men wore kilts...

Any suggestions, ladies? It doesn't have to be a kit, if you know of some cools elements...

a pic http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2...dewedding1.jpg

2. What colors?
    ~Maureen
    My Gallery
    My Blog
    My Writing
    My tools:
    PSE 6.0
    Rebel T3i, 50mm 1.4, 80-200mm

Quote Originally Posted by Mozer View Post
    What colors?
    I am open. I am thinking neutrals and I am not into cutesie. My flowers were a redish/orangeish. And my MOH's dress red. So splashes of fall colors probably as accents but tone on tone neutral for main colors... if that makes sense...

4. check out katie's botanical series. lots of elegant choices there.

Janice

My Gear: Canon XTi, 18-55 mm lens (Canon), 75-300mm Lens (Canon), 50 mm 1.8 lens (Canon)
    Software: PSE 5.0, Lightroom

my quilts: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2261921...7621758913540/

my blog: http://familyphotosfabric.blogspot.com/

I am obsessed these days with Katie's Simple Classics Kits - so this is the only option that is coming to mind right now.

ETA: Just read your colours in your previous post. Maybe you can add in another pack of paper to it, or who knows maybe Katie is going to do more of these great kits for us & maybe it will be more fall like.

6. ~Maureen
    My Gallery
    My Blog
    My Writing
    My tools:
    PSE 6.0

7. ~Maureen
    My Gallery
    My Blog
    My Writing
    My tools:
    PSE 6.0

I'll have been married 4 years in October, and I still haven't scrapped my wedding either!

I picked up Krafty Elegance and La Cremerie Citrouilles and Lynn's Golden Bay kit (which has some really gorgeous fall elements and brushes), a few weeks ago in hopes to get started... haven't yet.

I also have Katie's La Cremerie Chocolat, Fabulous Fall Flourishes Brushes, Lacy Photo Masks and Anna's Blissful Love Kit in my wishlist for when I stop procrastinating and just do it. I think I might join the 10 weeks to treasure to get myself going on it!

I'm really interested to see what everyone suggests because I know I'll be adding more items to my wedding book wishlist!

Oh, and what a beautiful picture! I love your bouquet! Good Luck!

-----------------------------
    Christine

Well, you both are ahead of me.. our anniversary is in October (5 years) and I just finished our wedding book... so 4 1/2 yrs late.

What I found most helpful in finally getting it put together was using Katie's The Reasons Why book templates 1 & 2:

to set a consistently coordinated layout look to the pages. Before trying them, I would get a couple pages done and then not be happy with it and start over again and again. Once I stuck to using a couple templates for layout, things went a lot smoother for me. Don't let the pink of the templates fool you, that is just the template colors and can use any colors that work for you

There are a couple of the pages I did in my gallery. I used Dana's:

as I liked the texture in her paper and then just recolored it to a neutral, warm cream color for the main background and recolored 3 different colors to use as alternating accent colors throughout the book.

A couple of my pages:

I'm with Mo on Mindy's Karissa Kit! It's beautiful and the colors seem to match your bouquet

let your pictures do most of the talking. this is not the time for small corner pics
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

Thank you all for all of the wonderful ideas! Off to shop!

And to keep a continuity throughout maybe pick one of Anna's swirls and have that as a continuous feature on each page in various positions? Just a thought.

By the way we were married 4 1/2 years ago, have only scrapped a couple of pics with no real thought to colour/kit, but I would like to do it properly. And my husband and son and quite a few guests were in kilts too.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

can't wait to see the LO's
    Heidi

My Gallery
    Camera: Canon Rebel XSi
    Software: Photoshop Elements 5 & Lightroom 2.2