Thread: Tagging

Tagging

I know we have frequent discussions about tagging. I tag everything in Adobe Bridge and have been doing it for a very long time. However, when I click on an item to tag (while in the Bridge) I get this message.
    Capture.PNG

I am not a techie and I don't know a thing about XMP or metadata. This seems to be happening more and more so I can't tag any of the items that have this message.

Any ideas on what this is and if there is a work around?
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Eeek, Sharon! Don't you just hate these computer problems - someone will jump in with the answer!!
    Julie

I'm not sure, Sharon. Have you been able to embed data into pngs before? I didn't think it was possible. You can embed metadata into jpgs, tiff and dng but not png. I don't use Bridge, but I do use lightroom (basically the same). Maybe for png you have previously been adding the tags to your database but not trying to embed them in the png file. I wonder if you've changed a setting somewhere and asked it to try to embed the metadata into the file. If so, I suggest you turn that option off.
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Sharon, I have no idea about Adobe Bridge. On my Mac, I switched to Lightroom for tagging because it WILL embed data into all the file types Esther mentioned AND pngs.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone6 is my camera!/27" iMac/MacbookPro/Yosemite
    PSE13/LR5

Sorry Sharon, I can be of no help either. I'm tagging in PSE but I'm already wondering if I should be using Lightroom instead given Maureen's comments above! Tagging... Ugh!
    Liz

My camera gear: Nikon D5000, Lenses - Nikon 50mm 1.4 (LOVE!), Tamron 18-200mm 3.5-6.3, Nikon 28-80mm 3.3-5.6
    Computer: iMac
    Software: PSE 13

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif