Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 30 days of photos

1. Ya'll have inspired me to go on an outing I wouldn't have done today. I'm getting ready to take the girls to lunch and ice cream at Amy's Ice Cream. Payton is all fancied up in a "wedding" dress (a dress she wore to a wedding) and a piece of tulle pinned on her hair to look like a fancy hat. She is fan-cy. Anyway, I'm off to do it - can't wait to take the pictures! Thanks for the inspiration! Much better than being in my cluttered and messy house with piles of laundry giving me guilty feelings!
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography
    Camera: Nikon D800
    Lenses: 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 17-35 f/2.8, 28-300, 24-70mm f/2.8
    Extras: Speedlight SB-700, Alien Bee 800
    Software: Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4

2. Wow, I was just checking out the flickr gallery and those photos are fabulous! I am a complete novice at this. I tend to take photos of my children (on automatic), that's it. The photo I posted yesterday (a scenery shot) was a stretch for me. But you ladies have totally inspired me with your subject matter. Today I'm going to try to find something that I never would have dreamed of photographing (in other words, something other than my children!). Thank you so much for the inspiration!

And Heidi, I can't wait to see the shot of your little fairy princess! After all, those shots are my favorite!

3. Count me in! I have seriously neglecting my blog and this gave me the kick in the pants that I needed! I'm sure my inlaws and long distance relatives thank you for this idea (one can never post enough pictures of grandkids, apparently!) haha!
    Michelle
    Camera: Olympus E-600
    Software: PSE 8.0
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by elliottsurf2 View Post
    so I joined the flickr group and I cannot figure out how to load my daily photos to the group? Do I need a password or an ok from the administrator? Katrina?
    Thanks...I am loving all of your photos!
    Dawn... I couldn't figure it out either! And, I finally uploaded and I can't even remember exactly how I did it! LOL I think I had to go to my account and upload and then there was somewhere on that page to add it to the group. I'm sure there's a quick and easy way... Katrina!!! Can you help us, please???
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

5. Chris, I'm still blogging mine. I just like the format - gives me more room for commentary (since I never shut up!)

I'll try to remember to post to flickr too. I'm just having trouble adjusting to the flickr system for some reason? dunno.. old lady moment, I guess

So cool that so many wonderful DDers are joining us! I am loving seeing everyone's photos! Such talent here... I am just blown away every day by the inspiration you all give us!

I think I've added all of the bloggers to the list of links on my blog and my Google reader. Let me know if I've left you off, so I can add you and comment on your photos
    Sara

My DD Gallery: sarahorton
    My Blog

6. I'm posting to both places but I put more pictures on my blog - just one on flikr so I don't drown everyone else's photos.
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography
    Camera: Nikon D800
    Lenses: 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 17-35 f/2.8, 28-300, 24-70mm f/2.8
    Extras: Speedlight SB-700, Alien Bee 800
    Software: Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4

So excited to see everyone doing this! Thanks for the great idea Heidi!! I'm just getting back to my computer after a weekend away so let me regroup and regather and I'll help out with the upload to the group on Flickr.

Just a note too -- you can upload to your blog directly from Flickr. It makes it super simple to do both things at once

Be back soon!

Ok...I'm going to assume those of you who were asking can get your photos uploaded to your own account.

You will then need to:

1. Join the 30DD group here http://www.flickr.com/groups/30dd/ (you can just join, there isn't a password or invite needed)

2. Upload your photo to your account

3. After it is uploaded you can see just your photo, across the top of the photo there is a list of actions you can take

4. Select "send to group" and that should do it!

5. For those of you bloggers out there you will notice a "blog this" option too, it takes a few steps to set it up the first time, but after that it is simple and speedy!

Let me know if you have more questions

Off to upload my own!

Thanks Katrina for the "blog this" feature! That will make it easier, I am off to figure out the uploading to flickr next....and to catch up blogging this weekends photos!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

10. As a member of the flickr group (everyone is welcome BTW), I'm really enjoying the randomness of the photos. I like this 30 day commitment too. Just a note to people who are thinking of joining, this is for fun. Don't get hung up on taking a perfect photo. I read somewhere that the best way to become a better photographer is to take lots of pictures.
    So, here's your opportunity. I hope you'll join us!
    Jill

DD Gallery

Software: Photoshop Elements 6
    Camera: Canon Rebel XT
    Lenses: 50 mm 1.8, 18-55 mm, 75-300

Thanks Katrina for your step by step instructions! I just figured that out last night-you'd think I would have seen this earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by jingreenbay View Post
    Don't get hung up on taking a perfect photo. I read somewhere that the best way to become a better photographer is to take lots of pictures.
    That's EXACTLY what I've been told to! I once read that many "pro's" consider themselves pros because they take about 300 photos per day! (and sometimes don't use any of them!)

Loving the randomness too! Here's a sneak peak of a little of what our group has done!

That was a really wonderful grouping you put together Katrina! I've been awed at the the postings, and it's so much fun seeing the everyday bits of everyone's lives!

I'm going to check out your blog Sarah, and I'm glad you kept the links together!

I am a terrible blogger, I only use it to place layouts for my family to see, and neglect the rest. You all have inspired me to do something more - at this moment Iím not sure what though.

Wow, what wonderful photos. I know I'm a late but add me to the list of people joining the fun. Last week was a very emotional week for me, as a dear friend passed away and to top it off the day of his funeral it pounded the snow down and was freezing, so now I'm sick . I'm going to try and keep up.

15. YAY just managed to get into Flickr!!!
    Michelle

From Downunder! My DD Gallery!
    Memory catcher: Canon IXUS 800 IS and Rebel/EOS 400D
    Creative tool: Photoshop CS 3

16. Don't know if I will manage to keep up but I am going to give it a go... At least if I have a goal, I will be more conscious of opportunities to take photos!

Katrina, fantastic pic of photos to show the fun randomness of our groups photos. I am really enjoying this challenge, thanks for setting up the group on flikr.

Connie, I am so sorry for you loss. How terrible. I am glad you joined us in the challenge.

Island Girl, show us some of your beautiful pictures of Bermuda

18. oh cool, katrina! love the collage!
    welcome, rusheika! i'll add your blog link to my blog
    Sara

My DD Gallery: sarahorton
    My Blog

19. Quote Originally Posted by Teri A View Post
    Island Girl, show us some of your beautiful pictures of Bermuda
    Oh the pressure is on! I am going to try and make more of an effort to photograph something other than my kids! I am a novice with a point an shoot... just trying to understand the whole world of photography! Hopefully one day I can be as talented as you ladies!

Love seeing the collage you put together Katrina. This has been so much fun for me, too. Learning is a wonderful thing.

A few people had ask what lens I used to capture my finch photo. I just have a higher end point and shot camera, Olympus 510 UZ, 10x zoom. I purchased the 1.7x Tele conversion lens available for it and have been using it to get the close ups of the birds. My bird feeder is very close to my house, maybe 15 feet from my bedroom window and 5 from the bathroom. I have a stool I seat on and use the window seal to steady the camera, open the window and shoot tons of pictures. Out of 100, I may have 2 or 3 keeper, if I am lucky. Connie

Quote Originally Posted by connieg View Post
    A few people had ask what lens I used to capture my finch photo. I just have a higher end point and shot camera, Olympus 510 UZ, 10x zoom. I purchased the 1.7x Tele conversion lens available for it and have been using it to get the close ups of the birds. My bird feeder is very close to my house, maybe 15 feet from my bedroom window and 5 from the bathroom. I have a stool I seat on and use the window seal to steady the camera, open the window and shoot tons of pictures. Out of 100, I may have 2 or 3 keeper, if I am lucky. Connie
    I loved your post, Connie... for two reasons!

1. I loved hearing you use an Olympus point-n-shoot... I just replaced my Olympus 740Z w/10x zoom w/a Canon Digi Rebel XTi. While I LOVE my new camera, I managed to take some pretty dang good photos w/my point-n-shoot--even clear across a soccer field! I like people to understand that you don't HAVE to buy an expensive camera to get good shots... just a bit of understanding how the camera works and a bit of effort (you getting the extra lens and using that stool!) and you can take good photos!

2. I also loved hearing that you took 100 photos and only got a couple of "keepers"! That's what it took for me to get my hummingbird photos (I did a layout w/them a few weeks ago)... I just kept going outside and trying different settings on the camera until I got it right! And, managed to get some decent shots!
    Debi

Well I finally got off my ample duff and took my first photo! I'm posting on my blog and the Flickr group...and might I add that I'm am ridiculously proud that I figured out how to add my photo to the Flickr group?!?!?
    Pattie

Software: Photoshop CS5 - Photoshop Elements 10 - Adobe Lightroom 3

Gear: Canon30D with 50mm 1.4 and IS 28-135mm lenses - Canon Digital Elph DD1000

Visit My Gallery -- My Blog

Congratulations Pattie! Don't feel so bad, more than a few of us didn't know what was where over at Flickr! I only found the download button after someone else asked in another group. I made sure to bookmark it.

Quote Originally Posted by ptknox View Post
    Well I finally got off my ample duff and took my first photo! I'm posting on my blog and the Flickr group...and might I add that I'm am ridiculously proud that I figured out how to add my photo to the Flickr group?!?!?
    Pattie... that's a GREAT photo of Izzy! I wish I could get that "brightness" in my Kyna pics. I'm sure I've got the wrong setting somewhere! Oh, well... I'll just keep pluggin' along and someday will take great pics! P.S. LOVE the "graffiti" on your RED (not murky brown!) wall!
    Debi

It sure does take a lot of steps to get to where you post...First YaHoo and then flickr-But it's not bad once all is set up! Gonna go look for your photo!

Love that photo Pattie! Glad you are joining us! Isn't RAW the best!! (as I giggle at you just a little)

I'm in ... This will be fun and a great incentive to keep me taking photos daily. I started posting to flickr last week so I'm all set up. My flickr account is ordinaryeverydayme.

29. Hi all!
    I've been trying to keep up with my project 365 as well... and have been posting to flickr... so I'm going to join the group for sure.
    Thanks for the push!

i agree. this idea of heidi's has really challenged me to be a better photographer and shoot little details. i'll hate to see it end. 365 anyone?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast