Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 days of photos

30 days of photos

I have seen several people post a daily photo on their blogs. I think it's a fabulous way to keep a journal of your life while practicing camera skills. So, I started a photo journal on my blog yesterday. Would anyone else like to participate? I love sneaking a peek into the lives of others - it's the snoop in me. I'm going to try really hard to take at least one picture per day - it will be hard, but now that Payton's b-day is over, I think I can manage it. Anyway, list your blog here if you decide to play!
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography
    Camera: Nikon D800
    Lenses: 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 17-35 f/2.8, 28-300, 24-70mm f/2.8
    Extras: Speedlight SB-700, Alien Bee 800
    Software: Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4

2. Heidi

I have been trying to do a layout each month with the photos I have taken, and while my intention was to take a photo a day, I fear I have not been entirely faithful. I am still working on it though.
    Don't have a blog but will check in on you all so see how it is going.

3. I've been talking a photo a day, every day this year but I haven't figured out a good way to post them. I don't want to do a blog post with a photo every day, and I use blogger so I don't think that has a calendar option like typepad. Any suggestions?
    -Paula

Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XT
    Software: Adobe PSCS2, PSE 5.0
    my gallery

live.scrap.repeat

I've been attempting to do Project 365 wherein you take a picture every day for a whole year. I'm not holding myself to unrealistic goals, though, and aim for most days. At the end of the year, I'll print these (4-up) to an 8x8 book through Shutterfly. Since my hubby has been in Iraq since July, it's also a neat way for him to keep up with us on a more regular basis...although I have to confess that i often get behind in posting. ugh.

if you're interested in a peek, here it is...
    Tracy
    Army Wife, Homeschool Mom

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. ~Romans 8:28 NIV

I don't think I could manage a photo a day but I am thinking of taking my camera for a walk more often and posting the photos on my blog. I was in the city this morning for work and kept seeing photo opps everywhere I looked.

I'd love to give this a try Heidi! I started at the beginning of the year and then let it slide. Your prompt might just do it!

I'll post mine at www.ianck.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn G View Post
    I don't think I could manage a photo a day but I am thinking of taking my camera for a walk more often and posting the photos on my blog. I was in the city this morning for work and kept seeing photo opps everywhere I looked.
    Heidi, I'd love to join you, but last time I tried taking a photo a WEEK, I failed after the first few weeks! I think I'm better with your idea, Lynn... 'cuz I'm sure I'd have trouble with a photo a day! Not that I don't love playing w/my camera, but... And, hey, besides, if I HAVE to walk to take a pic, maybe I'll actually get some exercise at the same time!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Heidi...I think this will be neat. I'm off to create a blog...lol
    Melissa
    My gear:
    I have no gear...I sold all my Canon gear, now I'm thinking of getting a Nikon.
    Software: PSE5
    My slow growing gallery (don't laugh..I'm getting there...lol)

I'd like to give it a try, too!

Here's my blog:

abieco.blogspot.com
    Abie
    My Gallery
    My Photos
    My Blog
    Cameras: Olympus E-500 (DSLR) and Olympus C-765 (Point and Shoot)
    Lenses: 17.5-45mm F3.5-5.6 Kit Lens, 40-150mm F3.5-4.5 Kit Lens, 50 mm F2.0 Macro Lens
    Others: Circular Polarizer, Remote Control

10. Debi and Lynn, just take as many as you can and do it with us! Can't wait to see them all!
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

OK, OK... Lynn and I will be the "not quite everyday" girls! LOL

And, if anyone's looking for some easy (!) inspiration, have you seen this site? It's pretty cool...

her space my space

ETA: I just realized I don't have a blog anymore... well, I'll think of something! Like scrapping!
    Debi

Love that website Debi! I try to go there everyday...some cool photos!!

14. I'm game! Thanks for organizing us, Heidi! I did this in October with my two best girlfriends and it was a lot of fun. Really stretched me to find something interesting each day!

I'll post here: Stopping the Moment

Looking forward to seeing everyone's photos!
    Sara

My DD Gallery: sarahorton
    My Blog

Oh, I've always wanted to do this!! Just needed someone to challenge me!

16. It's on! I may cheat tomorrow and post a picture from today - Payton got her ears pierced. Hopefully she'll let me take decent one after school. But if not, the crying one will be it.
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography

Sounds like fun!
    Here's my blog http://ordinarymoment.blogspot.com/

18. Heidi,

I've been looking at Ali Edwards daily photos and have been inspired. Now you will light the fire under me to get my blog going. I started it in December, but only posted one day! Does anyone know how to link the blog to the flicker site? I am in way over my head with all of this technology! For now, I will just post here: http://www.elliottsurf.blogspot.com/

Unfortunately for me, I will have to start on March 1. I just got instructions from my office to make arrangements for a trip to Tokyo next week. But I'll practice starting today until the 24th! I'll probably be taking lots of shots there but I'm not sure if I'll have web access.
    Abie
    My Gallery
    My Photos
    My Blog
    Lenses: 17.5-45mm F3.5-5.6 Kit Lens, 40-150mm F3.5-4.5 Kit Lens, 50 mm F2.0 Macro Lens

20. Lucky you! We'll be looking forward to seeing your wonderful Tokyo photos when you get back!
    Sara

My Blog

ok, count me in too heidi! i've always wanted to do this. it's dark and getting late here, so i'll start tomorrow. i may not post to my blog every day, but i'll get them all posted eventually!

great idea.

22. I am going gto try, but since I am going back to work next month, might miss out on some days.. eeck! but I will try

http://www.familiafilo.blogspot.com

should we do this on Flickr? (I don't have an account, but I hear it is THE place to share something like this, no?)
    Michelle

From Downunder! My DD Gallery!
    Memory catcher: Canon IXUS 800 IS and Rebel/EOS 400D
    Creative tool: Photoshop CS 3

I nearly do it anyway. so a big shove to do it properly is fine by me.
    off to start today
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

24. I'll join in as one of the "not quite everyday" participants. I did take one yesterday, but haven't posted it yet. I'll probably just post on my blog.

Terri

Hi, everyone.

I hope you don't mind if I added links to your blogs on my blog. It makes bloghopping easer for me!
    Abie
    My Gallery
    My Photos
    My Blog

Oo, I'd love to join in! I warn you though, I'm really terrible with a camera, but I took it off auto a few weeks ago and have been trying to practice!

As much as I'd hate you to see my pics, I think it will do me good! I'll get a link to another blog, and will give you the link. The Brit one is just to post layouts.

27. Hello! Longtime lurker, er...first time poster! Sara sent me over here to join the challenge. We loved doing our photo-a-day challenge back in October, and I've really been slacking off since then. I'll have to figure out the whole blog thing and come back and post. Until then, I'm off to add a few more blogs to my reader.

28. Whooo hooo! Welcome, Leigh! So glad you are going to play along with us!
    Sara

My Blog

29. I've contemplated starting a blog, so I decided to give it a whirl. Here is my blog . As you can see, it needs work! My pictures are so small so get out your magnifying glass! Gotta figure that out. And these pictures were so cute, darn it!
    Kris

My Camera: Canon 50D, 50 mm 1.8, 18-55mm, 75-300mm and Canon 18-200mm EF-S IS Lens
    My Software: PSP X & PSCS2

Quote Originally Posted by michellefilo View Post
    should we do this on Flickr? (I don't have an account, but I hear it is THE place to share something like this, no?)
    Well, since I am blogless (and not sure I wanna start blogging again!) this would work for me! Anyone know how to do it actually?
    Debi

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast