Thread: help! memory card problem!

1. Unhappy help! memory card problem!

thank goodness i download and save most of my photos right after i take them, but for some reason neither my camera nor my computer is recognizing my memory card. i'm pretty sure i have most of the photos, but there may be a few i don't have. YIKES!! does anyone know if there's anything i can do to fix this? has this happened to anyone else?

babyroo7 Guest
    How frustrating! I wish that I had an answer for you, but I am clueless as to what to even suggest. Good luck. I hope you can find an answer!

Suggestion that you go to the manufacturer of your memory card's website and search for utilities.

My husband (computer geek both in job and hobby) says that most likely your card got a bad format or something damaged it. Formatting the card is your best bet at salvaging the memory card.

As for your photos, that is iffy. If the card's data table is damaged resulting in your camera and computer not recognizing it, most likely the photos are already damaged and unrecoverable.

Your memory card manufacturer probably has a couple different utilities that you can download and try. Ranging from first trying utilities to recover lost photos and if that doesn't fix things, then going more drastic and formatting utilities to recover the use of the memory card (those will wipe it completely out and all data would be lost).

I hate to hear of anyone losing photos.. I have only ever lost one but it was of an amazing mother nature sunset looking like an arrow in the sky pointing downwards.. my husband didn't know I had taken any new photos so wiped it clean and used it for work...

Good luck!

4. Thanks so much Heather! We'll give it a try!

5. Be sure to try and download using a different computer before you try reformatting. I have a laptop that didn't recognize the photos, but they were there and fine on my son's laptop. Just a thought before you reformat and lose all the pictures.

6. ooh, hadn't thought of that...thanks carol!