Thread: New DSM Contest! Submit! Submit! Submit!

1. Arrow New DSM Contest! Submit! Submit! Submit!

Okay, all you DD girls! DSM is having a contest that runs from now until March 31. You can submit as many layouts as you wish, so run to Molly's blog and find out what it's all about!!

http://www.digitalscrapbooking.com/blogs/molly/

Good luck!!!
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

OK, I did it, right after you signed up! We look like twins with our icons! LOL Now to try to figure it all out!
    My gear:
    HP PC, Nikon D80, Nikor 50 mm/1.8,
    Nikor 18-135 (kit lens), Speedlight SB600,
    PSE 7

Joanie
    Joanie's Gallery

3. Got excited..signed up.. then read the fine print:

Official Rules Award-winning Pages Contest

1. Introduction: Digital Scrapbooking magazine is offering the Award-winning Pages Contest. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.

2. Timing: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Mountain Daylight Time on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time on Monday, March 31, 2008. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m., Mountain Daylight Time, Monday, March 31, 2008. Sweepstakes open to residents of the fifty (50) United States and territories, and the District of Columbia; and Canada (excluding Quebec). Employees of Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and their family/household members are not eligible to enter.

3. How to Enter: Visit: http://www.flickr.com/groups/digital...ookingmagazine, become a member of the group and post your layouts for consideration in the following categories: Drama, Comedy, Documentary, Romance and Family-Friendly.

I guess that excludes me ... oh well! Good luck to all the dd ladies that enter.. I'll be cheering for you!

well isn't that cool? love those categories.
    Debbie

Question

What about LO's we have already posted on DD? (or vice versa, once we submit can we include it in our DD gallery) Or do they have to be brand new. I have never done anything like this but I have read in the forums about only new LO's being used when submitting for contest and what not. I read the rules but they were long and I didn't see it mentioned.

Many thanks,
    Michele
    Captures
    Sunlight Sketches: A 365 Project

My Gear: Nikon D60 w/ 18-55 VR lens & 55-200 VR lens
    My Software: Photoshop CS4, Lightroom,

6. I don't think there's a problem with uploaded layouts you have in other galleries. This is an "awards" contest . . . how can there be an Oscar given out for a movie nobody's seen?
    Cassie

Cool...Thanks!
    Michele
    Captures
    Sunlight Sketches: A 365 Project

My Gear: Nikon D60 w/ 18-55 VR lens & 55-200 VR lens
    My Software: Photoshop CS4, Lightroom,

LOL that makes perfect sense Cassie! Love that metaphor.

And thanks for sharing! Sounds like so much fun! Yet another group on Flickr to distract me.
    ~Trude

My Gallery
    My Blog
    My Gear: Canon Rebel XTi, 50mm f/1.4 lens, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 zoom
    My Program: Adobe Photoshop CS3

babyroo7 Guest
    Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of Digital Scrapbooking and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. What does this mean? Can LOs submitted not be submitted anywhere else?

10. Quote Originally Posted by babyroo7 View Post
    Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of Digital Scrapbooking and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. What does this mean? Can LOs submitted not be submitted anywhere else?
    It means that if you have a layout picked up for publication, you must remove it from any online galleries and it can not be published by another magazine. This does not mean that you can't submit to multiple publishers, it just means that if one picks it up then another requests it, you have to turn down the second request.
    Cassie

Sad they are excluding us international scrappers :-(

babyroo7 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gr8muggle View Post
    It means that if you have a layout picked up for publication, you must remove it from any online galleries and it can not be published by another magazine. This does not mean that you can't submit to multiple publishers, it just means that if one picks it up then another requests it, you have to turn down the second request.
    Thanks so much, Cassie!

13. Quote Originally Posted by Lynn G View Post
    Sad they are excluding us international scrappers :-(
    I'm with you Lynn! Should we lobby them!! LOL!

OK, what's the matter with me? When i click the link cassie posted, the latest entry i see on Molly's blog is from feb 20 -- says nothing about a contest. I'm sure i'm missing something...
    De Anna
    My Gallery

Camera: Canon Elf
    Software: PSE

forget it...i found it by going to the link Rusheika posted and signing in
    De Anna
    My Gallery

Camera: Canon Elf
    Software: PSE

I am not sure I understand how to submit...I am a member,(I clicked on that link) have uploaded pages and am a "member" of a "digital scrapbook" group. What next? What gallery do the pages go to when you have uploaded them? Do you just "tag" the page as "contest"? Hate to sound so stupid but I have never submitted anything..just post here and a few other places. thanks...

babyroo7 Guest
    Hi Bonnie!
    After uploading your pages to Flickr, you need to send them to the Digital Scrapbooking Mag group. Look for "send to group" link right above your LO (it's small!). When you click on it, you should get a drop down menu. Since you are a member of the Digital Scrapbook Mag on Flickr, they should be listed in this drop down menu. Click on DSM & it should post to the DSM gallery. According to the instructions, in your title you need to put what catagory you want your LO in; Drama, Documentary, Friends-Family, Comedy, Romance. I then tagged my LO using the words digital, scrapbooking, magazine, contest, etc.
    I hope this helps!
    I was lost too!
    Good luck!

Thank you so much Joey..that was very helpful!