Thread: what's next for my ipod?

what's next for my ipod?

so i started the christmas thread, and since it's officially behind us, anyone have great suggestions on how i can spend my itunes gift card? it's burning a hole...

Kelly Joe Phelps

I have a new song on mine by Gordon mote "Don't let me miss the glory" it is a incredible song he is a wonderful piano player and song writer and he is blind

Belle
    My Gear: Canon 400 D
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 6, Lightroom 2 , wacom intuous
    My website

my favorite song right now is Rainy Monday by shiny toy guns...(it's not heavy at all you should preview it!)

What kind of music do you like? Then I'm sure I can give you some suggestions! I LOVE making mixes!

There is a great song stuck in my head at the moment - it is the theme tunes from Stardust (what a great film!!!!) - Take That, Rule World.
    LOVE IT!!

6. researched

Went straight to itunes to research! I love new stuff on my ipod.
    The Take That "Rule the world" isn't avail in the US right now, at least though Itunes UGGH.
    I also listened to kelly joe phelps and put some songs in my shopping cart.
    On my ipod right now I am listenng to Scott Matthews, Widespread Panic Rosie Thomas and of course I can't get Paul Potts outa my head.

jesse - i love everything, but i'm not a big country fan. my all time favorite band is steely dan, but i like everything from ella fitzgerald to the shins.

8. new people i'm loving:
    rosie thomas
    rogue wave
    aqualung
    chris garneau
    joshua radin
    josh rouse
    arctic monkeys
    ray lamontagne
    the weepies
    coconut records

and the strokes, spoon, and the shins have been on repeat lately.
    -- Caroline

blog
    gallery

Nikon D50, Nikkor 50mm f1.8, Tamron 28-75mm f2.8, Nikkor 70-300mm f4-5.6
    Photoshop CS3

One of my all-time faves (and you'd probably like them too Caroline!) is The Dears - they're an indie band out of Canada and they do the most amazing, full sound. And their lyrics are so heartfelt. They're in constant rotation for me!
    ~Trude

My Gallery
    My Blog
    My Gear: Canon Rebel XTi, 50mm f/1.4 lens, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 zoom
    My Program: Adobe Photoshop CS3

caroline - i love the weepies, shins and aqualung (sorry, can't help but think of jethro tull there). i'm off to check out the rest of your list, and the dears too!

Beating my head because I listened to Rule the World and am so upset that we can't get it here!!! Found it on Amazon, two songs for $10!! How unfair is that?? Whaaaaa! (It is a great song and a great movie!) Off to check out some of the others. I have given up buying even my old standbys--who would expect Bon Jovi to go country? And the last Paul McCartney album disappointed me. I may be getting old, but I still don't like country and seem to be finding it by default. ;-)

12. Gotta love itunes...so much great music! I'll add my two cents to this thread.

Try:
    Eric Hutchinson "Okay is Alright With Me"
    Peter Bjorn and John "Young Folks" (super catchy whistling!)
    Iron & Wine "Naked As We Came" (not about what you may think, strange lyrics,
    beautiful melody)
    Jason Mraz...awesome vocals
    Grocery store sing-a-longs (e.g., Dave Mason, "We Just Disagree"; Rickie Lee Jones, "Chuck E's in Love"; 10cc, "The Things We Do for Love"; Andrew Gold, "Lonely Boy")

Happy Spending!
    Chris artgeek

yep chris - bought the entire eric hutchinson already. have you tried tristan prettyman? good mellow work music.

14. i so need an ipod! guess i can still check out all these new tunes...
    shhbabymine (sarah)
    canon rebel xti
    PSE5
    my gallery

15. you guys are way too cool for me . I used to work in a record store & I knew all the cool bands but no more!
    Lisa
    Check out My Gallery
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi with 17-85mm IS & 50mm 1.8 lenses, Speedlite 430EX & Gary Fong Lightsphere (clear)
    Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 (Mac)

I love anything by Jack Johnson, Donovan Frankenreiter, Matchbox 20...

I'm not nearly as hip as I used to be though
    ~Stacy

My Gallery

oooh - i LOVE donovan too! i say you're totally hip stacy (cause i have to believe i am)

18. Myra . . . you might really like the Christian artist Chris Rice. I bought his latest and enjoy it a lot.
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

19. Wow, I'm so out of style ( so what's new huh? ) I don't know half of the bands you are talking about. But I'd be sure to have a little U2 to rattle and hum to *hint hint* if you haven't so far.
    Kris

My Camera: Canon 50D, 50 mm 1.8, 18-55mm, 75-300mm and Canon 18-200mm EF-S IS Lens
    My Software: PSP X & PSCS2

20. You gals are way ahead of me ... the songs that would be on my IPod are "sooooo yesterday" ... I think that perhaps I should change my car radio to another station so I would have a clue who you are talking about.

I don't have an IPod ... but, really want one. Afraid it is low on my list right now.
    _______
    Mollie
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Quote Originally Posted by readstoomuch View Post
    You gals are way ahead of me ... the songs that would be on my IPod are "sooooo yesterday" ... I think that perhaps I should change my car radio to another station so I would have a clue who you are talking about.

I don't have an IPod ... but, really want one. Afraid it is low on my list right now.
    _______
    Mollie
    I'm that way too. The songs I like are stuff from the 70s and 80s
    Jeanann

Canon EOS Rebel XTi, Sony Cybershot
    PSE 6.0, PSCS3

I'm a bit old school too...well old school or preschool it seems! I'm holding out on the iPod I want the iPhone!

I listen to NPR all day, and classical music at night-I must be in the old, old, school!

LOL don't feel "outdated" ladies! I'm 24 and I have no idea who's really being playing on the pop stations - all I ever listen to in my car is either NPR or my own CDs! (and very soon my iPod playlists, once the car stereo kit comes!) I find out about music either through other people, browsing iTunes, or seeing them on TV/opening for other bands.
    ~Trude

My Gallery
    My Blog
    My Gear: Canon Rebel XTi, 50mm f/1.4 lens, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 zoom
    My Program: Adobe Photoshop CS3

I listen to everything, but I'm really not a fan of Reggae & Heavy Heavy Metal. Big fan of the 80's, 50's & 60's, Hair Metal. I have 3000 songs in my itunes. Here are a few artist

OneRepublic
    Damien Rice
    Ryan Adams
    Band Of Horses
    Brett Dennen
    KT Tunstall
    Timbaland
    My Gallery

My NEW Blog
    My Gear: Apple 27" iMac, Adobe CS5 & Lightroom, Canon Rebel T2i and Wacom Tablet.

Thanks to this thread I discovered and downloaded a bunch of Eric Hutchinson and David Gray...love them both
    ~Stacy

My Gallery

If you like Tristan Prettyman, you'll like Laurel Hubrick and A Fine Frenzy. Colbie Caillat is also wonderful (even if you're tired of hearing her "Bubbly" on the radio, her other songs are worth it). One Republic is a new fave of mine. Priscilla Ahn, and Corinne Bailey Rae are more -- just to name a few.

My Gallery
    My Camera: Nikon D40; Nikkor 18-55; Nikkor 70-300 VR,
    My Computer/Software: Mac/Photoshop CS3