Thread: Anyone have a Rainbow Play System?

Anyone have a Rainbow Play System?

My boys have been begging for a treehouse, but it won't work on the big pine trees around here. So I'm looking at a Rainbow structure that is kind of club-house like. They are just so dang expensive. They have a demo on sale at the shop down in Denver and I am thinking of getting it. It's more than 1/2 off the regular price.

So anyone have one? Are they worth it? Or know anywhere else to look for cool kids clubhouses?
    ~Stacy

My Gallery

They are wonderful! They are big and sturdy! We didn't have the room for one in our current backyard, but we have several friends who have them and they love them!
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

3. Yep, our son bought one for Cade. It's made the move from their first house to their present house. It gets a ton of use, that's all I can tell you! Cade is 7 and he likes to drag his sleeping bag up to the top most loft and watch a movie on the portable DVD.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

The one I got is Backyard Adventures. Quade loves it already. I got him a gangplank instead of a ladder to get up in the clubhouse. In a couple of years I'm going to add the rock wall to it.
    Jeanann

Canon EOS Rebel XTi, Sony Cybershot
    PSE 6.0, PSCS3

We don't have a Rainbow system but my sister does. We have a playscape from a local Austin guy who builds playscapes and is a safety fanatic which makes me feel better. We love ours. In fact, we put one in at our old house and the buyers wanted it so we had to put in a new one here. My sister's Rainbow playscape is very nice and has made one move with them - I think they love theirs as well. They didn't get a safety surface under theirs but I highly recommend it - make sure the border is big enough to take into account the trajectories based on the activity (swings, slides, etc have different fall zones). I'm heading up a committee at work for an ADA accessible playscape right now (actually, we'll far exceed ADA in regards to wheelchair access) which is pretty exciting.
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography
    Camera: Nikon D800
    Lenses: 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 17-35 f/2.8, 28-300, 24-70mm f/2.8
    Extras: Speedlight SB-700, Alien Bee 800
    Software: Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4

Thanks for the input, everyone! I had never heard of Backyard Adventures and after looking at their website and talking with our local showroom, it looks like we can get more of an enclosed 'clubhouse' from them. So that might be the route we take...we're going to the showroom on Friday
    ~Stacy

My Gallery

I had this potting shed at my little house [before I married Randy] and I loved it. It could serve as a clubhouse to the boys and then when they outgrow it you'd have a potting shed... if you're into gardening! Just a thought!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Well Nicholas is quite a gardener and he would LOVE that shed! But unfortunately, our architectural committee won't let us put a shed. They are pretty strict with the play structure rules too. I might have to break a couple, but we back to open space so no one will see it anyway
    ~Stacy

My Gallery

Well we just bought a custom unit from Backyard Adventures. If we can clear the snow, and if it doesn't snow much before next Wednesday, they will install it then

Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll be scrapping a clubhouse layout soon
    ~Stacy

My Gallery