Thread: DD sent a letter to Santa... & guess what???

1. DD sent a letter to Santa... & guess what???

She got a letter back!
    It is from an elf, not the big guy himself, and the post mark is North Pole AK! What a hoot! We just mailed her letter to Santa Claus North Pole and put a stamp on it! We are SO writting Santa again next year!

Just wanted to share cause I thought it's just so cool!

oh how cool is that
    My Gear: Canon 400 D
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 6, Lightroom 2 , wacom intuous
    My website

My guys did emails at www.northpole.com and Santa replied. It's a cute website -- lots of fun stuff and games!
    ~Stacy

My Gallery

That's so cool!! Somebody is doing a good deed this year!
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

Thanks for the link, Stacy! I just went and checked it out. DD will have a great time on there for the next few days!
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

That is great!

7. Stacy, here it is, my last day without other commitments, before Christmas Eve and I'm sitting at my computer watching disco Santa! LOL! anything to keep from doing the cleaning I supposed to be doing! Thanks for the link to the cute site. I bookmarked it so I can show the grandsons!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

How fun! I also love the link, I bookmarked it to show 2 yr old DS when he wakes from his nap. Thanks!

Very sweet! Thanks for that link too, Stacy, what a great site.

Just had to add that letters to Santa are a big thing at the postal service. We (carriers) pick any letter up from a mail box addressed to Santa (even without a stamp!) We make sure and write the return address on the outside of the envelope, and set it aside. It then goes in a "special" mailbox when we return to the office. Those letters are all answered and some fun postmark is added by a very special group of volunteers. (Who now all have to be screened, fingerprinted and background checks done on them, because having one of the office grandma's answer them is no longer politically correct.) It is great fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    Just had to add that letters to Santa are a big thing at the postal service. We (carriers) pick any letter up from a mail box addressed to Santa (even without a stamp!) We make sure and write the return address on the outside of the envelope, and set it aside. It then goes in a "special" mailbox when we return to the office. Those letters are all answered and some fun postmark is added by a very special group of volunteers. (Who now all have to be screened, fingerprinted and background checks done on them, because having one of the office grandma's answer them is no longer politically correct.) It is great fun!
    Kathie that just made me smile! There is still so much goodness in the world...and the postal service

12. Kathie's message made me smile, too, Katrina. Kathie, you carriers certainly go the extra mile for us!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

13. Kathie . . . that is so sweet to know. Of course, it would be sweeter if it were just the office Grandma, but people with security clearance will do in a pinch. We don't want just ANYBODY knowing the addresses of kids who believe in Santa. If that information got into the wrong hands, who KNOWS what might happen to our society.
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

Someone told me about a retirement village that every year has a dedicated line and kids phone it and TALK to Santa . Makes everyones day .....

15. Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    Thank you and all of your fellow mail persons (trying to be PC) for doing this! My daughter is just beside herself and she wants to hang her letter in her room!

Can I ask you, does the return letter change from year to year? Meaning if she writes again next year would she get the same response or would it be different?

Sam: I think that is the coolest ever! Wish we had the number - we'd be calling!

Yep, the letter is not a form letter used from year to year. It is totally different people each time, mostly so that won't happen! Before I worked at the post office, I had no clue they did this. Come the beginning of that first December when we had a meeting for the protocol to use (ie making sure the return address was on the envelope and any info we might know such as 4 year old girl etc. in case it isn't inside!) I was so impressed! It is a fun thing that makes all the hub-ub of the holiday deliveries worthwhile.

Wow! This is wonderful to know Kathie, thanks for all the information on what goes on in Santa's workshop in the back room of the P/O!

You are so welcome ladies! LOL It is fun to share the little things no one really realizes. You gave me several smiles on this thread, and this is not an easy task during some of the work days we just had! Also wanted to share that I take pics for our postal paper sometimes--the States are divided in half, and I am on the "photo posse" for the Western Area. They needed a photo for Santa's letters, and I staged one with my granddaughter that made it into the paper. (She is 5 and was so excited to see it!) Anyway, my point? My own daughter didn't know she could get a Santa response unless she lived in the area serviced by "my" post office until she saw the article with her daughter's photo!!

19. We did an online letter this year too and Payton really enjoyed getting a letter back. I had no idea the post office did the same thing! I'll be filing that away for next year. Payton is almost 6 so I'm not sure how much longer the Santa magic will last for her. That's so sad.
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography
    Camera: Nikon D800
    Lenses: 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 17-35 f/2.8, 28-300, 24-70mm f/2.8
    Extras: Speedlight SB-700, Alien Bee 800
    Software: Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4