Thread: arghhhhhhhh! i'm tired of winter!

arghhhhhhhh! i'm tired of winter!

We are having our 4th major ice/snow since Dec. 1 and I'm already tired of winter!

To top it off, i'm a teacher and ours is only one of two districts in the area that is open today! We are under a winter storm warning and the news is telling people not to travel unless totally necessary.

The good news is that I have a terrible cold so I called in sick this morning. I've never considered being sick as good news before! LOL

well firstly I hope that cold gets better quick! I'm trying hard to understand how tiring snow must be, but we havent had a decent snowfall for YEARS here so really i'm envious!
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

3. So sorry for you Dana! I hope you are feeling better. YOu are getting all the ice---down here in IN we are just getting rain---though I hope it doesn't start to freeze. Where I live they don't salt the roads until you get into the city limits.
    ~Maureen
    My Gallery
    My Blog
    My Writing
    My tools:
    PSE 6.0
    Rebel T3i, 50mm 1.4, 80-200mm

Take care of yourself, Dana.
    I know what you mean . . . I'm a teacher, too. We recently had a major windstorm and I think our town was one of the few on the coast that had school that day.

ice stinks. snow is good, but ice is just miserable, dangerous, and inconvenient. hope things improve soon -- and that you feel better.
    Debbie

6. Yes, I agree, snow can be good, even wonderful, but, ice stinks and is sooooo dangerous. We were lucky in Minnesota this go around that we got snow, not ice. I really feel for all of you in the middle plains states getting socked by ice storms and power failure and road accidents.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

So sorry, Dana! I am ready for some cooler weather but we just get rain with it so it's no fun. My sister and her family live in Oklahoma and are iced in. They haven't had power for over 48 hours with no hope in site for up to 10 days so I'm pretty sure she's sick of winter too.
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography
    Camera: Nikon D800
    Lenses: 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 17-35 f/2.8, 28-300, 24-70mm f/2.8
    Extras: Speedlight SB-700, Alien Bee 800
    Software: Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4

I'm so with you. There was a reason I was born in July...I'm just not made for 18 degrees...I need it to be somewhere between 85 and 95

awww!! sorry Dana ... must be so hard I cant even imagine, its soooo HOT here I wish we could work out a good mediocre

10. I'm with you. Glad to hear your cold had good timing, but I hope you feel better soon.
    Terri

I'm back at school today. Luckily we got hit with mostly snow and little ice. I did get stuck in our driveway this morning. after 5 large snowfalls in 10 days I'm ready to fly south for the winter! LOL

We have tons of ice, and have been out of power for 2 days going on three. Can I say YUCK! I am hoping that we get power back before the snow storm hits on Friday. (I snuck over to my moms to check out the site ...pretty sad, I know hehehe. Her power came on yesterday)

13. We had an ice storm that marched through the south about 12 or so years ago and it was horrible ... so dangerous and expensive for everyone. I sure hope that you all will be at the tail end of your storms and that the remainder of the winter will be a walk in the park after this corker of a beginning!

I am with our daughter even further south than we live and yesterday they broke the record high set in 1931 ... at almost 80 degrees! We were just sweltering and scratching our heads at the disparity in the weather in our country right now.

Hope that your electricity is back on and that you haven't lost trees.

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Sending you guys some warm Florida weather..... Can you send us some snow?!?!?! Ok just some 40-50 weather will do!! I feel for you guys with the ice storms...Keeping you in my thoughts!!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

15. i feel your pain we have had a couple here also but it look like Oklahoma is really getting hit again this year
    My Gear: Canon 400 D
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 6, Lightroom 2 , wacom intuous
    My website

Well, I must say that it's beautifully, crisp and cool (in the low 60s) here. The sun is sparkling off the ocean (I can see it from my office window... yes, I'm sneaking online at work!) and nope, we have no snow or ice! And, I'm not even going complain at all that it's been in the 40s at night... brrrrrrrrr... but, nope, not complainin' at all!

Dana, glad your cold's getting better and I just hope y'all are staying safe and warm!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

17. Ah Dana, don't you just love the Midwest? (NOT) I'm so done with snow and cold and it's not even Christmas.

On the other extreme here...this past Wednesday hit 79 degrees! We had a mini-flurry this A.M. for about 2 mins, and now Christmas week will be in the upper 50's to low 60's.

I wish I could trade you for just one day. I've never actually seen real snow, like the kind you can play in. We just get a flurry and then dirty slush on the sidewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by amango View Post
    I wish I could trade you for just one day. I've never actually seen real snow, like the kind you can play in. We just get a flurry and then dirty slush on the sidewalk.
    You can have some of ours! We got dumped in Ontario yesterday with about 10 to 12 inches. Fortunately, I didn't have to be anywhere, so that was good.

The kids were banking on a "snow" day today (no school), but there was no such luck.

Youngest DS had a blast in the snow though...and I got some awesome shots!

Check it out: Snow Day
    Hugs~
    Christyne

umm, dana, if you ever want to hang out with me in 80 degree heat in dec, you're always welcome!!! i really wanted to wear a cute sweater on christmas day, but that's not going to happen.

eta: bailey - where are you???

21. Myra, that's funny because my two sons graduated from college this past year and both are in FL now and ENJOYING the 80 degrees. (and they were both ski/snowboard instructors in high school!) PS: They left their sweaters in Ohio!

22. We went to Colorado last week and got some pretty cold temperatures and snow. Now we're home and it's WARM! Weird.
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography
    Camera: Nikon D800
    Lenses: 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 17-35 f/2.8, 28-300, 24-70mm f/2.8
    Extras: Speedlight SB-700, Alien Bee 800
    Software: Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4