Thread: The Three Tenors

1. The Three Tenors

I am listening to the Original Three Tenors (special 1990 performance given by Luciano Pavarotti, Plácido Domingo and José Carreras with conductor Zubin Mehtaon) PBS tonight and it is just wonderful! I missed the beginning but, have and loving the remaining hour and a half so much.

When we were in Italy this fall I was amazed that the majority of music we heard everywhere was of this genre ... ! We were there the week of the death of Pavarotti ... so that was part of the wonder of it all.

Now, I want the CD for Christmas ... must put a bug in DH's ear!

Anyone else listen tonight??

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

2. No, but that sounds wonderful, Mollie.

Jeffry and I actually found time to sit down and watch a movie together. We watched "Murderball," about the U.S. Quadriplegic Rugby Team. I was totally impressed by the guys on the team and their approach to life. And I learned some new stuff tonight. First of all, you can apparently be quadriplegic and still have some use of your limbs. Second, I learned TOO much about the sex lives of quadriplegics. But it was still a good documentary.
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

Quote Originally Posted by 1gr8muggle View Post
    We watched "Murderball," about the U.S. Quadriplegic Rugby Team. I was totally impressed by the guys on the team and their approach to life. And I learned some new stuff tonight. First of all, you can apparently be quadriplegic and still have some use of your limbs. Second, I learned TOO much about the sex lives of quadriplegics. But it was still a good documentary.
    Loved that documentary Cassie! (and I'd agree about the TMI!)

4. I have Murderball on my netflix list - love netflix!
    Lisa
    Check out My Gallery
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi with 17-85mm IS & 50mm 1.8 lenses, Speedlite 430EX & Gary Fong Lightsphere (clear)
    Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 (Mac)

ooh I love that CD Mollie. When I was single I used to sit out on my verandah overlooking the city every morning and eat my breakfast while listening to it!

6. Mollie, I watched in on TV back in 1990 - and "Nessun Dorma" just gave me chills
    Thanks for the tip -I'll try to watch it tonight
    ~Dagmar

7. Nessun Dorma is such a great song. Factoid: that is from the only Puccini opera where not everyone dies in the end - & that is because he did not finish it himself!
    Lisa
    Check out My Gallery
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi with 17-85mm IS & 50mm 1.8 lenses, Speedlite 430EX & Gary Fong Lightsphere (clear)
    Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 (Mac)

That is one of my favourite CDs, Mollie. Do put it on your Christmas wish list!

Paulina