Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Continued Prayers for Jonathan

Continued Prayers for Jonathan

Good morning to all of you here at Double D!

We are heading out in a few minutes (5:15 EST) to the hospital for Jonathan's open heart surgery.

Thank you to each and everyone of you who is already praying. It means the world to us!

I will try to update as best I can, but computer access is limited at the hospital. If you like, you can visit Jonathan's care page at www.carepages.com After you register, just type JonathansHeart in the search box (no spaces) and his page should come up. That page will be our primary source for updates.

Much love to each and everyone of you.
    Hugs~
    Christyne

2. {{{{[hugs}}}}}}}, prayers, and wishes for a successful outcome and speedy recovery.

Janice

My Gear: Canon XTi, 18-55 mm lens (Canon), 75-300mm Lens (Canon), 50 mm 1.8 lens (Canon)
    Software: PSE 5.0, Lightroom

my quilts: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2261921...7621758913540/

my blog: http://familyphotosfabric.blogspot.com/

3. Prayers lifted up for him and your family!

Terri

4. My prayers are with you and yours Christyne!
    Jill

DD Gallery

Software: Photoshop Elements 6
    Camera: Canon Rebel XT
    Lenses: 50 mm 1.8, 18-55 mm, 75-300

I'll be thinking of you today!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

6. Prayer for Jonathan and (((((((hugs)))))) for you Christyne.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

7. Thinking of you and your little guy!
    Lisa
    Check out My Gallery
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi with 17-85mm IS & 50mm 1.8 lenses, Speedlite 430EX & Gary Fong Lightsphere (clear)
    Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 (Mac)

8. Definitely thinking of you this morning, Christyne. I just checked the CarePage and your little Jonathan is absolutely PRECIOUS. I will lift him up in my prayers today!
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

Prayers for the precious little guy, and for his mommy as well!

Just a little update...

...to let you all know that Jonathan is SECOND case today, so he won't be going in till around 1 p.m. EST.

He is being a real little trouper and is getting by O.K. He was permitted a little bit of apple juice just before 8:30 a.m. and that will be it till surgery time.

We're all tired, but hanging in there. I'll update as best I can throughout the day.

Thanks to each and everyone of you who is praying around the clock for us. It is most definitely a comfort to have the "world" as a prayer circle.

Much Love to you all!
    Hugs~
    Christyne

Sending prayers and good thoughts today for Jonathan, the doctors, nurses, and of course your entire family.
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

12. Praying all goes perfectly today! Stay strong!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

3:00 p.m. EST and hanging tight!

Jonathan has been in surgery for about 2 1/2 hours or so. We have not heard anything...not that I expected to...but it's still making me nuts!

On a coffee run, because sitting in the waiting room was driving me insane!

Will check in later!

Love to you all!
    Hugs~
    Christyne

thinking of you, hang in there.
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

15. Thinking of you, Christyne, and joining with the many friends here who are praying for Jonathan's successful surgery.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

christyne, i hope by now that jonathon is recovering nicely and is surrounded by his family. he sounds like such a brave little guy. you're in my prayers today! please keep us posted...

Woohoo!!!

Jonathan came through with flying colours! DH and I are TOTALLY BAGGED!

He did a great job! His surgery went a LOT faster than they had planned and it was all GREAT!

He's already been extubated and was resting comfortably when DH and I left.

Will keep you posted through his recovery tomorrow...
    Hugs~
    Christyne

18. Christyne, I just read the CarePage update and saw the good news!

Get some rest. I'll keep sending my prayers your way for a speedy recovery for Jonathan.
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

19. I have read the Care Page too ... and, am so elated that he came through so well. Get some much needed rest Christyne. I am saying a prayer for each of you just as I type this message.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens

20. I have been checking back to see if you have updated, and am so happy to see this wonderful news!! Get a good nights rest and I will continue to keep you all in my prayers for a fast and easy recovery period!!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

21. Wonderful news about Jonathan's surgery! I hope Jonathan and you and your dh get some rest tonight.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

From my journal entry this morning:

My brave little man! Yesterday morning we got up SO early to get to the hospital and yet, you were still WIDE awake! And you stayed wide awake while Mommy and Daddy just wanted to lie down and have a nap!
    When we arrived at the hospital just before 6 a.m. to find out that were second case for the day, so your surgery wouldn’t be until 1 p.m. WOW! We were able to set up a TV in the admitting room, so you watched a little bit of TV. Then you wanted to play, so we asked your nurse Heather if you could head over to the play room and she said yes. You were absolutely thrilled because we had briefly checked out the playroom earlier and you knew that there were not one, but TWO cars to drive around. You drove around in the cars for a little bit and then wanted to play some games. We tried to play Monopoly Junior, but found out there were no property cards, so we couldn’t keep track of which properties we owned while playing. Oh well! We played Candyland for quite a while and you REALLY like that…especially since you kept winning! I think Mommy and Daddy will go out and buy it so that we can play it at home. There were some card games there with Diego on them, so we played those for a bit too.
    Heather came to get us around 11:30 a.m. which surprised Mommy and Daddy, but that meant you got to go in early and Mommy and Daddy would get to take a little nap.
    We walked down to the OR playroom where we hung out for a little while and Mommy and Daddy spoke to the anaesthetist. In the playroom there were FOUR cars and a scooter for you to choose from. You rode around in those for a while and then it was time for you to head down for surgery. Your nurse came to get you and you drove your car of choice down the hall to the operating room after hugging and kissing Mom and Dad. Your nurse even had you carry some of your own charts in the trunk of your little car.
    Mommy had JUST updated your carepage letting everyone know it would be another little while before it would be updated again when Dr. Van Arsdell came in to the surgical waiting room to tell Mommy and Daddy that you were all done! We were very surprised that you were done so quickly, but Dr. Van Arsdell said that it was because they hadn’t done any work on your tricuspid valve and that your Fontan repair had gone very well.
    Just after 5 p.m., we were able to go to your bedside in CCU and you looked just FABULOUS! Your nurse Helena told us that you were being weaned off your sleepy medicine and being allowed to wake up – WOW!
    When you started to wake up, you were so MAD! You kept trying to pull your breathing tube out of your nose. Mommy had to hold your hands and talk to you so that you wouldn’t. Not long after, the respiratory therapist came and extubated you, which upset you a little bit but then made you happy because that was one less tube you had to deal with.
    Mommy was REALLY surprised that you were extubated SO soon after surgery because after your first two surgeries it took a LONG time for your breathing tube to be removed.
    After your tube was removed, you were awake enough to say, “Hi Mom”, “Hi Dad” and “BARF!”
    Your night nurse, Amanda, gave you some gravol to settle your tummy and some Tylenol to make sure you didn’t get a fever and you drifted back off to sleep.
    Mommy and Daddy left the hospital around 10 p.m. to head home.
    It’s now 7:40 a.m. and Mommy has been up since 6 a.m. I just spoke to Marilyn and she said you look FABULOUS! I’m SO happy that she was able to come and see you today and that you were able to talk to her.
    Mommy and Daddy are going to come down and see you in a little while. I can’t wait to cuddle you!
    Hugs~
    Christyne

isnt that fabulous to read, i can only begin to image how that all was for you. but i'm delighted to read your ahppy words about how well hes doing now. long may it continue!
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

24. Christyne ... I just finished reading your message on Jonathan's Care Page and jumped over to say "good morning" ... and, what do I see ... that you are so kind as to update us all right here! You are amazing. And, from what you have said Jonathan is also one amazing little boy ! I will continue to pray that his recovery go smoothly and that each of you may find rest.
    _________
    Mollie
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

Christyne, thank you so much for letting us in to this most precious and personal part of your lives. You are an awesome mom, and I'm sending every hope for new health and strength for your little one!!

Hugs to you all.
    Diane

So thankful that Jonathan is doing well! He is very lucky to have a mom like you. I will continue to keep you in my prayers and ask God to give you energy to deal with his recovery!

I'm sooooo happy to hear the news, Christyne!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

28. Christyne, just saw this now. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery; glad everything has gone so well!

Doing GREAT!

Jonathan continues to do amazingly well and was even sitting up playing cards today - LOL!

There is a full update on his carepage.

Of to bed - YAWN!
    Hugs~
    Christyne

30. So glad to hear he is doing well, we will continue to pray for a strong recovery!
    Meridith
    aka Moriginals

Camera: Nikon D80
    Software: PSE5, CS3

my blog Moriginals
    my gallery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast