Thread: Somerset Digital Studio

Somerset Digital Studio

Somerset is looking for scrapbook pages, ATCs, collages, cards, invitations, calendars, clothing, heritage pieces--anything that is unique distinctive, artistic and created digitally

Deadline November 15th, 2007

Send 300dpi, 6x6 file, brief description describing the artwork [who's who in any photos and why you were inspired to create it], instructions on how you created your digital artwork including the specifics as to what tools, products, programs etc you used. Please include your name, email and mailing address with every submission

email to: somersetdigital@stampington.com

I've seen some AMAZING artwork in our gallery... submit, submit submit!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Question Why there may be a lack of this type of work

I have used Photoshop for more than 4 years now, and all of the paid tutorials and books do not reveal the most advanced tips, tricks, and techniques of altered art and advanced scrapbooking techniques. There really is a void there.

If someone would or could produce a good book (a tutorial couldn't cover it without leaving too many steps out) with some walk-throughs of how this layouts are produced, it would be worth a lot.$$$ (hint, hint).

It is really frustrating trying to get information on these techniques using brushwork, masks, overlays, etc that apply to scrapbooking. Does Digital Artist cover anything like this? I realize that it is mostly talent, but also some happenstance, and some tricks of the techniques.

Cool thanks for the tip!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram