Thread: Hello--newbie here!

1. Smile Hello--newbie here!

Hi everyone!

I'm Kim and I'm new here and to scrapping. Have only done a few layouts so far, but I wanted to say Hi, and that I love this place, and the Quote, Ad, and Web Challenges. They're so awesome, and the freebies, well, they make me a little verklempt!

I'm still trying to figure out all the ins and outs of the forums and posting, so I might be bombarding y'all with questions!

Have a fabby week!
    Kim

2. Hi Kim,

Welcome to DesignerDigitals! I'm Randy (Mr. IT, Mr. Katie) and I support the machine and try to make DD the fastest digital scrapbooking site on the web!!!

Sounds like you have a handle on the weekly challenges and freebies. Please post any questions or comments that you have and we will try to help.

Again welcome!!!

Randy

3. Welcome Kim! So happy to have you join us! Feel free to ask away!

Hi Kim, so glad you have joined us here. It is the place to be. Drop in for the chats if you can, they are great!

Welcome! So glad to have you here at DD! Looking forward to seeing your work!

Hey Kim - DD ROCKS.
    Ask lotsa questions, and we will give you all the answers!!!!
    Great to have you here!!!

Hi kim

I started posting here ( and in fact just started digi scrapping ) just 10 days ago and you get so into it --its imple and the people here REALLY rock - there are no favorites which is great, everyone comments equally . You will see if you look at the lo --not one perosn gets like 50 replies and others 0.

So enjoy.

sam
    Last edited by sam ellis; 05-09-2006 at 02:37 AM.

8. Hi Kim

Welcome to DD!!! Glad you decided to join us!! Feel free to ask any questions and join in the chats...looking forward to getting to know you

9. Welcome Kim! We're so glad you've joined our community! I too love all of the challenges here. They are incredibly inpsiring. Nice to "meet" you!

10. welcome Kim! glad to have you

CD

Welcome Kim! I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do! There's lots to inspire us and fun people to meet!

Wecome to DD!

Don't forget to join us at the chats whenever you can--more great freebies OR fab scrapbook authors at them! My favorite way to chat is with the full screen version. It's a link listed on the chat page just above the chat log-in control thing. Otherwise, the chats move way too fast.

Glad you're here!!!!
    Susan
    Last edited by susancurtis; 05-09-2006 at 02:57 PM.

Hey there! Welcome aboard - don't worry about too many questions...we don't mind at all. So glad your enjoying it here!!
    Sarah

14. Hi Kim,
    I started here just the same way you did back in December. I'm now completely addicted I also love the challenges and look forward to them every single week. It's a great way to make yourself try something new.

It's a wonderful community here...I'm convinced the best around! Look forward to your posts in the gallery!

~Kim

15. Thanks so much for the great welcome!

Wow, that has to be the best welcome I've ever had! Thanks so much everyone. I feel at home already.

I'm going to have to give the chats a try soon, they sound great. Is there a chat schedule somewhere?

Another question: if I want to link to products here in the store when I give credits in my gallery posts, is there a special PHP code I need to use? I guess the 'add link' button would also work, but at one site I have visited, they have a code where you just plug in storeid#, kit name, and designer name.

Thanks again for such a warm welcome!

Kim. at the top of the page is a chat room link. The schedule is there. The next on is Thursday with Katie. Should be fun! Join in if you have the time

Code template attachment

The code turned into a link when I tried to share it here. Does anyone know how to write it out for Kim?

Since you asked, I thought I'd try to get one posted for you! Credits are basically all that DD asks, your idea of adding the link is really thoughtful! I've attached a small file with a code here. I'm sure you already know to just highlight one of the ALL CAPS sections and paste or type in the correct info, then repeat until finished. I got this code information originally from Candy... I want to give her credit!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by susancurtis; 05-10-2006 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Adding attachment with code format

18. Oh, thank you so much Susan!

And thanks also to those who gave me the chat info--I'm always kind of hestitant to just click right on a chat room link, 'cause I get paranoid that I'll find myself instantly in a chat and not knowing what it's about, I get that 'naked in public' dream feeling or something Oy! does that sound silly when I type it out!

Don't worry, Kim--it's not a huge problem! The chat gives you about three or four lines that happened right before you logged in. So you get a little idea of what's going on. Sometimes that helps, sometimes it doesn't, but usually people will say hi, you say hi, and then you can sit back and try to make some sense of what's going on. Don't feel any obligation to comment before you are ready. (And sometimes the topic completely changes before you can type out what you wanted to anyway! It's very loose and casual--just like my spelling turns out when I chat.)

If someone uses an abbreviation you don't know or if you need some help, just dive right in and ask. Everyone's very nice and helpful--definitely no snobs here! So just relax, there's no pressure at all. (And Katie is always very generous with the quality of her freebies! You'll definitely be glad you came!)

Welcome Kim! It was good to 'see' you in the chats! Glad to have you here!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

welcome Kim!! never hesitate to ask your questions - so many great resources here