Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayer request...

Prayer request...

My mom just found out today that she has a "very large" fibroid tumor on her right ovary. (When I google this I can't seem to find anything but uterine fibriods, and ovarian tumors seem really bad according to google searches.) Since the nurse called to tell her she couldn't answer ANY questions, whether it was cancerous or not or anything relating to size, severity, what it means. So were kinda in the dark which is the worst place to be. Funny how things work out...I was JUST thinking I really wish there was a place I could people to pray with me (before sunday)...And here I find this...and this place really feels like home away from home, so I am glad it was here that I can ask for you to join me. Thanks!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

Bailey: Your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know this is really scary, but hopefully it's not as bad as you think.
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

oh!! this must be really hard (((hugs))) and praying for your mum -Nisha

Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way. Hope you find out more soon. Worrying and not knowing is so hard.

Bailey, I'll be thinking of you and your mom. I hope you get more information soon that can put your mind at rest.
    S

Oh Bailey, I'm sorry to hear this news. I'll keep you and your mother in my thoughts. Take Care.
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Bailey,

I am so sorry for your news... It is not fun getting that kind of information and getting it on a Friday from a nurse who isn't allowed to answer your questions makes it that much worse. I've been there. You and your mother are in my prayers. Please post updates when you can.

Blessings,
    Jackie

8. Bailey...you and your mom will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. Try not too worry too much, and hopefully the doctor will be able to put your mind to ease when you get a chance to talk to him/her. Think positive thoughts!!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

9. Bailey, I'm sorry to hear this. I just saw this thread tonight. I hope you got better news since you posted. I'm saying a prayer for your mom now.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

10. I, too, just saw this thread. I hope you have more information by now and that it is encouraging news. You and your family are in my prayers. God will guide you through this, as He does in all things.

((hugs))
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

Hey girls, thanks for the prayers, keep em comming! We still don't know much of anything. It being a holiday week, the doctors seem to be on hiatus (even if they are there physically in body-they are not in spirit) The Diagnosis has changed (but now we don't know which to believe, as it too came from a nurse and would not answer any questions) they are saying Fibroid Tumors in the uterus (which is fairly normal) and a large ovarian cyst. She went for an ultra sound on Monday but still no results. She is supposed to get an appt with a GYN (her physician is SUPPOSED to be scheduling it) but we don't know when yet and the results of the ultrasound wont be back until the end of the week. SOOOO....still in the dark, and the dark is scarry! We are trying to stay positive and keep busy. I have found a lot of peace in just giving it to God, what can I do anyways (besides worry and stress=not good for already stressed pregnant woman lol) So keep praying and thank you girls again!!!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

12. Thanks for the update, Bailey. I'll keep you in my prayers
    Cassie

13. Bailey you're update sounds much better, I've had friends with both and it turned out to be no big deal. Hope this is the case for your mom. I'll keep your mom in my prayers. Hang in there.
    Jill

DD Gallery

Software: Photoshop Elements 6
    Camera: Canon Rebel XT
    Lenses: 50 mm 1.8, 18-55 mm, 75-300

hi bailey,

Thank you for the update. You and your family are still in my prayers.

Jackie

UPDATE on my Momma-
    Finally went in for surgery on monday and got a complete hysterectomy, and her "huge mass" taken out. It turns out it was a sarcoma which is a very aggressive cancer. They took out everything they could see, but the doctor is still concerned because of the size (7in by 6in) and how aggressive this type of cancer is. We wont know if it has spread or if they got it all of another few days until the pathology comes back. She is still in the hospital and recovering fine. As for me...Im just praying hard, and trying not to think about it too much. Im trying to be as positive as I can and give it to God. DH has been a huge help with Tanner while I have been spending most of my time at the hospital. I want to scrap SOOOOOO bad, (Guest CT is almost over and Ive only gotten a few done ) I neeeeeeed to scrap (for my own well being LOL) Thanks for listening girls!! And your prayers are much appreciated!!!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

16. Bailey, you're doing everything you can. You absolutely have to just hand this over to God. I'm glad your mom's surgery went well and will pray that everything works out. She is lucky to have you there to support her. ((hugs))
    Cassie

17. I'm glad your mom's surgery went well and hope you all hear good results. Hugs to you!

Bailey, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I'm thinking of you Bailey and you and your family are in my thoughts. Take Care!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

20. Bailey you and your mom will be in my prayers!
    ~Maureen
    My Gallery
    My Blog
    My Writing
    My tools:
    PSE 6.0
    Rebel T3i, 50mm 1.4, 80-200mm

I hope that you will receive good news regarding your mom's condition. You and your mom are in my thoughts.
    ========================
    big girl toys: PS CS2 * xt * 40d
    10-22; 18-55; 50 1.8; 70-200 4L; Tamron 28-75

========================

22. Ohh, dear Bailey, you've been through the wringer I'm sure since this diagnosis and being by your mom's side through surgery and recovery from surgery. I will surely keep your mom and you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs!
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Big hugs, Bailey! You and your mom are in my prayers, too!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

24. ((Hugs)) Bailey, take care of yourself, so you can take care of your mom. Taking a few minutes to scrap is good therapy. Take it one day at a time. You and your mom are in my prayers.

Your family is in my prayers! Try to be strong! I know this is really hard!
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

Hugs!! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

27. our house will include you and your family in our evenings prayers too...

Oh Bailey - I just saw this! You and your family are definitely in my prayers!! And don't forget to take care of you!!!!! (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
    Steph
    My blog - steph's stuff
    My DD gallery - gallery
    Let's be friends on Facebook

Camera: Canon 40D, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, 17-50mm f/2.8
    Software: Photoshop Elements 10.0

29. Just thinking of you as I know we all are. This must be so hard for you, but please do get some rest & a little time for yourself & your baby.

Thanks girls for all of your prayers!!! We got the pathology back and Thankfully the lymphnodes came back negative. So as far as the doc can tell it has not spread to the rest of her system. She will have to get chemo and radiation due the the aggressiveness of the cancer they do aggressive treatment. Thankfully though they have removed it and now it is all the keep it from recurring. I really appreciate the prayers and support of all of you. It means so much to me to know I have a group of friends outside my little daily life. I feel closser to some of you than some of my friends here at home. Thanks so much for your prayers my family appreciates it tremendously! God is awesome! I know she is going to make it!!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast