Thread: Well - sort of new!

Well - sort of new!

Hello everyone,
    I've been posting since May and lurking around here a bit - a little toe in the water now and then! Seeing as a few others had introduced themselves properly - I thought I should do the polite thing too!:
    Like all of us, I guess I wear a few different hats! Most importantly - Mum to 4 kids - single since they were all in primary school (now all adults!). Bonnie lives and works on the other side of the country in Sydney, Cameron in the far north of the state and my 3rd, Blake, lives about an hour away with his girlfriend Mel and my 4 month old grandson Odin. My youngest, Claire, is 20 (can't quite believe that fact) and lives at home with me. She has mild cerebral palsy and is intellectually disabled (if that's the politically correct label these days!). I work full time as a primary school teacher (elementary in the States I believe). I have a class of 16 year 2's, 3's & 4's.

I have been touched by the kind, generous and caring responses to my posted LO's. Thank you all so much, so glad to have found you all!

PS sorry for lengthy message - bit of a blabbermouth - Claire says, "Mama - yak, yak, yak!"

Thanks for the formal intro...although I think we all feel like you're just one of us already! So nice to learn more about you!
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

3. Hi there, Sharon!

Thanks for popping in to introduce yourself - especially since you must be exhausted working with all those toddlers!

I really enjoy your layouts in the gallery. Thanks for sharing more about your family with us. It sounds like you get to do lots of traveling to visit them all!
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

4. Nice to learn more about you Sharon
    ~Maureen
    My Gallery
    My Blog
    My Writing
    My tools:
    PSE 6.0
    Rebel T3i, 50mm 1.4, 80-200mm

tell Claire that Mama is allowed to yak, yak, yak here all she likes ;-)

6. Welcome, welcome! We love the chatty sort around here
    -Paula

Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XT
    Software: Adobe PSCS2, PSE 5.0
    my gallery

live.scrap.repeat

7. Hi Sharon!! I'm so glad you're here with us. I love to see your beautiful layouts. Thanks for sharing more about yourself. I love to yak, yak, too!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Hi Sharon, good to meet you.

Thanks for the welcome everyone - oh Cassie - i'm exhausted but not THAT exhausted - it's grade 2/3/4 - not toddlers - mix-up with "cross-cultural" terminology I think
    See you all soon,
    Sharon

10. Well, Sharon, I'd say that's better . . . but . . . . LOL
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

Yes....well.... they can at least tie shoelaces and wipe noses and bottoms....most of the time.....LOL

That's quite a mix of ages - must be a challenge.

Oh, Sharon... somehow I missed your post last week... shame on me! But, I was so happy to find it and get to know you just a bit better! I love seeing your layouts... and I think a "yak, yak, yak" layout should be next on the agenda! So cute!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop Elements 10
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Thanks for that Debi - thanks for the LO idea - will work on that next week on holiday! Off to Sydney for a week to catch up with my eldest, Bonnie. Little break from Claire too (who refuses to fly - even with Bonnie at the other end!) - thanking God for my lovely mum who will have her for the week!

Sharon

15. Great to learn a bit about you Sharon ... I too love your layouts ... your creativity is wonderful and I have quiet a few of your pages in my "want to lift" folder on my desktop.
    ((Is that a run-on sentence? I should use periods and not so many dots!!!))
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac