Thread: Can you hear me crying???

1. Unhappy Can you hear me crying???

My wonderful, fantastic, dear husband (and I really mean those adjectives even in light of my next statement LOST my (our) camera yesterday. I'm not totally bummed about the camera as I am about the pictures I hadn't had a chance to take off the card. We've had a busy couple of weeks (you may have noticed I hadn't been around here much in the past couple of weeks) and I had tons of pictures on the camera... can you hear my sobs... anyway maybe I'll get the Nikon D 40 I have been pestering him about even though its not in the budget right now.

2. I'm so sorry! I actually DELETED some photos of my cooperative (for once) son the other day without realizing it, so I know how you feel (on a smaller scale). There is that silver lining though . . . a new camera! Have fun with it!!
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

OH No!! I would definitely be more upset about the photos then the camera, too, especially since DH OWES you the camera you're dreaming of.

Cassie, have you tried a disc recovery program to salvage the pictures of Jack that you deleted? As long as you haven't shot over them, they're still on your disc. I did the exact same thing once and for $25 I was able to rescue them and have used the program a few times since then.
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

4. Well, Jodi . . . it was only about 8 pictures. I figured that with over 11,000 from the past two years alone, I'd find something else I could use in a layout.

Thanks for the tip though! Let's hope I never need it!
    Cassie

5. Rusheika, glad to have you back!

I'm sorry about the loss of your camera! I live in fear of every losing mine!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Rusheika, this won't help you, and i'm so sorry that you lost your camera. but cassie, you can recover accidentally deleted files from a memory card. i bought software online sometime ago when it happened to me. it's like an insurance policy. it's called pc recovery.

7. Quote Originally Posted by mnc0114 View Post
    it's called pc recovery.
    Does that sound like something I would buy?

Thanks for the tip. I did see software like that, but honestly, it was only about 9 pictures of him playing in a bubble bath . . . there will be other bubble baths.

Thanks for looking out for me
    Cassie

8. OK, this thread just made me whip around to see if my digital camera was where I left it. Whew! It was.
    Kelly
    Check out my slowly growing gallery!

Camera: Sony DSC-T5 and Kodak Z1275
    Software: PSE 7.0 (PC) and CS3 (Mac)

cassie I use cd roller it is wonderful for getting thing off a cd/dvd that is damaged or has a unknown format. I have never had it not be able to retrieve lost data
    http://www.cdroller.com/index.html
    My Gear: Canon 400 D
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 6, Lightroom 2 , wacom intuous
    My website

duh cassie. i should have renamed it "mac recovery". kind of like when my mom tried to disguise spinach.

11. Sorry to hear about the photos but it sure is a good excuse to upgrade

I wish I knew about this recovery stuff you guys are talking about, in April I took picture of my DS buying Ice-cream from a Ice Cream Truck for the first time, I was so excited with the photos, then I took a couple in black and white by mistake, when I went to delete those off the camera, it somehow selected all the photos and cleared the memory stick..... I am bummed to this day. I keep thinking, at least it wasn’t a more important irreplaceable "first", like first steps for example (I never caught those anyway LOL)
    Michelle

From Downunder! My DD Gallery!
    Memory catcher: Canon IXUS 800 IS and Rebel/EOS 400D
    Creative tool: Photoshop CS 3