Thread: 2nd visit to Istanbul!

2nd visit to Istanbul!

So, I just got back from my 2nd visit to Istanbul in less than 6 months!
    This time we went to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday, and we took his parents, his son and the son's girlfriend with us!

Mary (mrymoores) - Thank You for suggesting Albura Kathisma Restaurant to me in March! We didn't go there then, but we did now and it was REALLY good!!!

We saw, basically, the same things all over again for my in-law's sake, but we also visited the Blue Mosque on this trip. And walked the entire Istiklal Caddesi from Taksim and down towards the water... Then I walked the Galata Bridge with my father-in-law and my stepson's girlfriend. The other three rode the tram...
    It's been hot, hot, hot! And humid... And we got caught in a rain/thunder storm... I don't think I've ever seen so much rain in such a short time...
    But I still haven't been to Dolmabahce Palace... Or the Asian side...
    So, I'm going back again! Soon!
    Thess

My DD Gallery

A Holy Mess - My blog on life, digiscrapping and genealogy

My Cameras: Canon 50D and Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40

I just love traveling through you girls. So glad you got to share a favorite place with others this time. I'm sure it will be a trip that the young ones especially remember for a very long time.
    ~Kelly

Oooh, I'm so glad you went to Albura Kathisma!! I really love that restaurant. Thanks for letting me know that you enjoyed it.

So glad you had a great second visit, Thess! Our traveling partners went to Turkey a few years ago and loved it.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Sounds like a wonderful time.
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17