Thread: Trying this DSing again.

Smile Trying this DSing again.

Hi,

I guess I am a newbie. I previously did digital scrap-booking back in 2005. A lot has happened since then but now that I am taking more and more photos of my new hobby, I figured I would try to get back into the swing of things. I recently began raising my own chickens. Since my children are starting to get old enough to fly the "coop", I figured I needed to do something with some of my spare time and two fold, it will produce fresh eggs for us. I never thought chickens were interesting until I started researching them. I had no idea what they could do for me. It is relaxing for me to spend time in the run with them. They are social birds. Anywho... I also do quilting in my spare time. I have a ton of unfinished projects I have started over the years, so it's time I get started on rekindling that old flame. (so to speak). I hope to be on often, but if I disappear, know that I am not far away.

2. Welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself!
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

welcome back! Sounds like a great time to get back into some of your crafty pursuits

It is nice to have no children at home and time to indulge in a little digital scrapbooking. I look forward to hearing about the exploits of your chickens!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Welcome! It's great to have you here! My kiddos have all left home too and, although I love them to bits, I have to be honest and say that I'm enjoying all my 'me' time so much! Hope to see you in the gallery soon!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Hiya, so glad you introduced yourself! Chickens must be a great asset, I know I love fresh eggs more than those from the supermarket!

Feel free to ask any questions, we're a friendly bunch. Looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

Welcome...you are so right a lot has changed - improved! - in digi land since you were last doing digi. Do ask when something gets you stumped. All we ask in reward is some of your chicks' eggs. LOL Seriously, if we can help you find the fun in the activity we so love, we're happy!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Welcome -- love that you've found DD, and I can't wait to see some pictures of your chickens! We got five Barred Rocker chicks in January, and now our girls are giving us five eggs a day. You're right, they really are interesting to watch, and my husband has totally spoiled our girls.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

welcome! we had chickens when I was a kid. I used to sit them on my lap and sing to them LOL. Too busy to have them now, but I would love to. They are such busy little characters. :-)

Welcome... while I have never had chickens,I did have a pet duck when I was young. I called him Donald and he watched TV and was afraid of the water.... He eventually went to live on my Uncle's farm,because he was not nice to my Mom's flowers. I was disappointed and heart broken,but he turned out to be a Daisy and raised a large family on my Uncle's farm. I hope you like it here as much as I do. The ladies and gent{Katie's husband} are the best.Looking forward to enjoying your digital skills!!
    Pam

Welcome! I look forward to seeing you in the gallery!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Welcome! We have several chicken lovers here and a few quilters, too! Hope you love it here at DD as much as we do. :O)
    ~Kelly

I know a few ladies around here started the chicken thing recently, so there must be something to them Good to hear from you, I am sure you will love the community, we are a fun bunch Welcome!!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Welcome to DD!! My dad raises chickens as well, so we get fresh eggs and my girls love to play house with the chickens in the summer. LOL!! Looking forward to seeing you in the gallery!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Welcome to DD! Your hobbies sound so interesting and should make for good scrapping subjects. Glad to have you here!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

Welcome! I can't wait to hear some of your stories.

Welcome back to the world of digi scrapping! There's always lots of new products and things going on every week to spark your creativity! Have fun and see you in the gallery!
     photo BLINKIE_zps5f582c74.gif
    PSCC, LR5, iMac, iPad, iPhone, Olloclip, MacBook
    http://janaholden.blogspot.com

Welcome to DD! I'm so happy you found this spot in the digi world and I'm anxious to see pages of your fun hobbies! I'm one of the empty nesters here. I love my kids and grands dearly but do enjoy the free time to play and scrap!!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon