Thread: Question about ACDSee

1. Question about ACDSee

If I delete something from ACDSee, does it only delete it from there or does it also delete the file where it is located on the computer? Also, I have stuff strung out all over the place. If I have something in more than one place and try to tag it the second time, does it let me know it has already been done or will it put it in there twice? I am ever so slowly getting this done. I had absolutely no idea I had so much stuff. This is boring in a way, but exciting to discover things I had forgotten I had.

If you delete it from ACDSee unfortunately it will delete it from your hard drive, at least that's been my experience. However sometimes I put the preview down into the bucket at the bottom so I remember it for the credits, and you can delete from the bucket without it deleting from the hard drive, it gives you that option. And when you move things on your hard drive (particularly if you have it tagged) do try to move it IN ACDSee so it moves the tag with it.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

If you delete the file from a category in the catalog view it removes the tag but doesn't delete the file. If you delete it from the Folders View it deletes the file from your computer.

If you tag it a second time it does NOT tell you and it creates a second entry.

If you move a file outside of ACDSee, you lose all tags.

Yeah, what she said !! hahahaha You explained that so well wvsandy.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo