Thread: Tagging Templates?

Tagging Templates?

Do any of you tag templates other than by designer?

Maybe by theme?

Keen to hear any ideas or thoughts!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

I have a category in ACDSee called templates then sub categories of 1 photo, 2 photos, 3 photos up to 10+photos. And that's the only tag I give them. Oh and a tag called Layerworks also. So if I need to use a template say for 4 photos I know I can just to go to the 4 photos folder. Works for me.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Good thinking Carol! Makes complete sense to do it by the number of photo's

Thanks!
    Liz

Like Carol, I tag by number of photos. I also tag according to theme. For example beach or Christmas. Sometime I also tag based on colour if it is Double D Layered template.

And as as you know Liz, I struggle with tagging anything at all....so this is only WHEN I get around to tagging!!!!
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

I'm totally different! I have Album, Artsy, Calendar, Card, Flat, Layered, Photo-cluster, Simple, Double page, A4.
    I tend to be album focused so I created these categories so I can choose a mix of templates that work together.
    No reason why you couldn't ALSO have theme AND number of photos!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

I don't tag too many by # of photos because I know I'll probably tweak that; I do 4x6 (mostly CZ's little ones), 24x12, , album, long journalers, and multi photo.

What I DO tag, slowly but surely, are the StudioDD templates. I try to tag all the elements in each of those template, some of which I bought just for the elements as I rarely do 1 photo layouts. I have a good bit of back tagging to do!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Thanks ladies! I'll probably go with no. of photos, theme, design (as in artsy, layered, clean, etc), and yes Maureen, I think I'll tag elements too (especially on Layer Works) because like you, I've bought some of them for the elements!

I've got a quiet weekend ahead as DH is working on Saturday so I'm looking forward to making a huge headway tagging my brushes, I've still got a couple of kits & collections to do and of course, my templates but I do believe I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! YAY! Well, for now anyhow!
    Liz

I like your tagging idea templates idea, Maureen. I think I may have to add additional tags to mine. You all come up with some of the best ideas!!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

I tag by number of photos and also if I think a template would make a good calendar topper, or theme page (Disneyland, for example). I used to tag individual elements within a template, like Maureen described, but found that was a little too much effort (even though I am a fanatic tagger!). I will tag the word art though. I use so many templates it has its own library in iPhoto!

Quote Originally Posted by lizj View Post
    I tag by number of photos and also if I think a template would make a good calendar topper, or theme page (Disneyland, for example). I used to tag individual elements within a template, like Maureen described, but found that was a little too much effort (even though I am a fanatic tagger!). I will tag the word art though. I use so many templates it has its own library in iPhoto!
    Great idea to tag the word art! Thanks for the tip!
    Liz

Good ideas ladies! I have just tagged by designer for my templates. I may have to rethink this!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Yes, I forgot about the StudioDD tempaltes. They are more like a whole kit! I tag each piece separately, too.
    A huge timesaver is this Photoshop CS command File -> Scripts -> Export Layers to Files. Sorry, I'm not sure what it is in Elements.
    (And I have to admit that I love clicking one button and have Photoshop do a gazillion time-consuming things for me!)
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Thanks for this tip, Esther! I'm going to check this out!!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

Quote Originally Posted by justbnsharon View Post
    Thanks for this tip, Esther! I'm going to check this out!!
    Me too!