Thread: Another chance at a free Lightroom Class

Another chance at a free Lightroom Class

Kim Klassen's current Lightroom class is filled (with 800+ students!) so she is offering it again in August. Click here to get info.

I had to laugh at one of the bits of advice she gives to those starting the current session....and the 2nd line is always true!

"I am in no way responsible for your LR Catalog/Folder and File or Operating system issues.
    Please do not start moving folders and files if you are not familiar with this process."
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Thanks for this Maureen! I've just signed up for the August session and I'm looking forward to downloading the trial of Lightroom nearer the time with a view to purchasing it thereafter
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

I've signed up, I need to understand this program, so this is a good start.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Thanks Maureen!!
    Kathryn~
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/digigrandma/doodlebanner1.gif

Thanks so much for the heads up Maureen!
    Jane

I got her email last night... class starts today! I can't wait for lesson #1! Thanks again, Maureen!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

I saw that too -- 800 students! I am excited. Thanks again Maureen.

Thanks, Maureen! I've signed up and hopefully this will make me decide if I want to start over with reimporting all my photos or not. :O)
    ~Kelly

I just downloaded the first lesson - I've had LR3 for a long time and still don't understand catalogs!! It's fun for using presets, though!
    Julie

Julie, as many teachers have said, it's like the card catalog in an old library or the digital info today. The card is not the book but it has the information about the book and where it is. As in a library, if the book is moved and put in another/wrong section, the card or digital info will no longer be correct. At least in LR, you can say Find It and if you know where your (book) image is, LR can reconnect.

Kim talks fast in this class but the pdfs spell it all out as do the videos. It's a very good base for understanding the structure of LR.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Did anyone get the Aug date for this? I signed up but haven't heard anything since then. Did I miss it?
    ~Kelly

Gosh Kelly, I've no idea! I also signed up for it but don't recall anything unless I missed it to because I have so much stuff flooding my inbox at the moment! I so wish there were more hours in the day!
    Liz

I signed up for this one again, just to go over some things. I got the email on August 3 and this is the subject line {Lightroom-Begin} Important LR Begin Access Info and comes from Kim Klassen <kim@kimklassen.com>. I didn't go into the site last week as I ...ugh ...cannot get the email to work on that laptop.

Check your spam folders? The link to Class Info is here. When the class starts/started, new info is posted on Tuesdays and Fridays.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Thanks Maureen, I'll check it out!
    Liz

15. I signed up for the course starting August 12th. My confirmation email said to watch for an email on August 11th with class details.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

I had 12 in my head, Merr. I hope that was my date, too. Fingers crossed for an email tomorrow as I have nothing from the 3rd. :O/
    ~Kelly

17. Kelly, I didn't get anything on the 3rd. My confirmation email came on July 19th. Nothing since then. I'll be looking for my email tomorrow. In fact, the email said the email with class details will come on the evening of the 11th.
    Merrilee

Awesome! I signed up on the 1st and I'm pretty sure I got my confirmation then. Thanks for letting me know. I'll try not to hover over the computer all day and wait until "evening." Thanks, Merr. :O)
    ~Kelly

19. Quote Originally Posted by mugsbigsis View Post
    Awesome! I signed up on the 1st and I'm pretty sure I got my confirmation then. Thanks for letting me know. I'll try not to hover over the computer all day and wait until "evening." Thanks, Merr. :O)
    See you in class!
    Merrilee

I got my email! Woot! I have to update my LR anyway so todays the day.
    ~Kelly

Now be sure and do your homework my friends! LOL no homework, just a LOT of info!
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

22. Quote Originally Posted by maureenreynolds View Post
    Now be sure and do your homework my friends! LOL no homework, just a LOT of info!
    Eager to get started tomorrow!
    Merrilee

I signed up but still need to download the trial... I don't have enough hours in the day! Hope I can make it!
    Liz