Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wow... did you hear the news...

Exclamation wow... did you hear the news...

about 2peas closing?

that's where I got my start in this industry back in 2003... I was an avid paper scrapper, getting published, hanging out in their pub and going to crops with local friends from there before I started DD in 2005.

The industry is definitely going thru some changes....
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Oh my goodness? Really? That is so crazy. It's so hard to see others fall on hard times.

My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Wow!
    aka Sarah

My Tools: 1 Awesome 20" iMac, a Canon Rebel T3i, a Canon G12, and an iPhone 4S
    iPhoto, Aperture, PSE 9, Organizer

4. I just read the news a minute ago on Facebook. This makes me really sad . . . I was introduced to digi scrapping at Two Peas and met some wonderful peeps there. I am sorry for whatever came about to cause this closing. I guess that I am here at DD because I met others there who came to DD.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

5. Quote Originally Posted by readstoomuch View Post
    I just read the news a minute ago on Facebook. This makes me really sad . . . I was introduced to digi scrapping at Two Peas and met some wonderful peeps there. I am sorry for whatever came about to cause this closing. I guess that I am here at DD because I met others there who came to DD.
    Exactly!! .....and I have a gazillion wonderful recipes bookmarked there, hope the archives still work I have some copying and pasting to do!!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

6. I'm surprised!! 2Peas is where I started, too. I was a card maker using rubber stamps and they had a special forum just for rubber stamping. I started seeing digital scrapbook pages in the gallery and wanted to try it. I had PSE 2.0 because it came bundled with my first digital camera. (point and shoot variety) I remember admiring layouts by both Katie Pertiet and Lynn Grieveson in the 2Peas Gallery.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

I didn't use the site but it's still a sad sign of the times.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

That is a shock, I just read the news on FB and went to check. Such a shame, it seemed such a hub of the scrapping online world!
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 6 for Mac, run on my super-shiny new Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D, wheeee!!!! or still my trusty IXUS 950IS, or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

Wow. I'm sad. Two Peas was the place for paper scrappers and I, too, hung out there. And, still post my digi layouts, too. It's sad to lose such an iconic site for scrapping. Gosh...
    Debi

My DD Gallery: From the Beehive
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop Elements 10
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

I just got the email. Way back in the early days when I discovered digi I bought some of their products.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

I started lurking there early on in my digi quest. I admired many of the pages and found that the many of the products could be found at DD. So 2Peas totally lead me here to my home.
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my gorgeous Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

It is sad to see anything like that close down. Lots of changes, that's for sure....
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

It is so sad whenever a long standing scrap site closes it's "doors". I never really connected with them much but I have several pins from there on my Pinterest.
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

Oh my goodness, I didn't know. Such a shame. I've only been active on their site since joining the DD CT. So sad although I must say that no other site has felt like home the way DD does, even before I was a CT member!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

I'm in shock, too! That is where I started!! Oh dear
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

That is such a shame. I am in shock too.
    Jenelle

My Gallery

I was shocked to see that on FB and then when I received the email. Not that I hung there, but the place was an icon! Changes for sure!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

It is really quite scary...... I never really *got* 2Peas, never liked the way the site was built, but I always considered it one of the giants in the industry. To think THEY had to cave in, is nothing short of scary.
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D800 & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6

19. So sad to hear of another closing.
    ~Karen~

My gear: imac, CS5, Nikon D90, 35mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8.

A bit more detail from Nancy Nally's blog on the scrapping business world. Two Peas on Scrapbook Update
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

I am shocked to say the least. When I was still paper scrapping often, I made a lot of purchases here. It was the first place I went to look for a specific supply. We used to have an awesome scrapbook store in my community, which was pretty awesome for a community of 2000....it was my home, I worked there and taught classes there for years. It closed, the Archivers and several other scrapbook stores closed in Omaha. Makes me sad but also makes me grateful I took the jump into digital and came to DD!

I'm so sad to see this. Two Peas was the first scrapbooking site that I discovered when I was paper scrapping and I was pretty involved there for a few years. Then I kept seeing all these amazing digital pages there (Rhonna Farrer, in particular) and was inspired to try digi. I still post my digital pages there and my main gallery is there!
    Jane

Quote Originally Posted by Aino View Post
    It is really quite scary...... I never really *got* 2Peas, never liked the way the site was built, but I always considered it one of the giants in the industry. To think THEY had to cave in, is nothing short of scary.
    I never really liked how their site "worked" either... But I shopped some there in my early days!
    Thess

My DD Gallery

A Holy Mess - My blog on life, digiscrapping and genealogy

My Cameras: Canon 50D and Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40

I never "hung out" there either although I did visit on occassion. And I also shopped there - when they had digi-supplies. With the latests trends toward digi rather than paper, I was actually most shocked when they decided to close the DIGITAL side of things.
    Brenda - wife, mother, animal lover!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11

Surprised and saddened to hear this just like I was when CK ceased publication. I am a total digi girl, but I just wonder where all of 2Peas former customers will go. Hopefully they will come and see the joy of digital scrapbooking. I am always disappointed when a scrapbooking company goes under. I just love and appreciate this hobby so much!
    Amy Mallory

The digital reality combined with the possibility of printing our art so easily has really altered memory keeping. still, sad to register this huge shift in our broader world.
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

Retired Creative Team Member and always family

Maureen, thanks for that link, interesting reading. I am sad to hear this news too.
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

I read what you're saying Uma; it's my only scrapping reality but I found it interesting that so few digital scrappers chimed in on Ali's recent questionnaire on her blog. What did people want more of? Digi was the choice of only 15%. (PL was the biggest choice so that could include digi too I suppose.) I do believe the box stores have won the sales war unless a scrapper really wants a specific product and is willing to add shipping to the full cost. With 50 & 50% coupons, it's a no brainer to save locally.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

What a shock to hear the 2 Peas is closing. Like so many others, I started there when I was a paper scrapper, mostly lurking in the gallery looking for ideas. I was so enthralled by everything there. I then posted my CT layouts there quite some time ago but I never liked their format - too many clicks to get something done. It's sad to know that it is closing - it has been an icon for so long.
    Julie

Me too... I started lurking there,became friends with several wonderful ladies and now feel a deep sense of loss. Several of the ladies have e-mailed me with details to keep in touch. I am saddened by the slow path the downfall took.I am so grateful for designerdigitals and the lovely ladies here.
    Pam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast