Thread: Lightroom for Scrapbookers - free webinar

Lightroom for Scrapbookers - free webinar

Just what we need! My favorite Lightroom instructor is presenting just for us at CreativeLive over the next couple of days!

http://www.jaredplatt.com/2014/06/23...o-enthusiasts/

AND I read that Adobe has just announced that the creativeCloud deal for Lightroom and Photoshop will remain permanently at $10 per month.
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

2. Quote Originally Posted by esther_a View Post
    Just what we need! My favorite Lightroom instructor is presenting just for us at CreativeLive over the next couple of days!

http://www.jaredplatt.com/2014/06/23...o-enthusiasts/

AND I read that Adobe has just announced that the creativeCloud deal for Lightroom and Photoshop will remain permanently at $10 per month.
    Oh, Esther, this is good news! I am getting so used to having the latest LR and CS that I now would be lost without it. I am relieved to know the price is not going up!

I will definitely check out the free webinar, too. Thank you!
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Thanks, Esther... I soooooo need LR help! I signed up, but will be at work for a good portion of the seminar... hopefully, I can sneak online! Alot! And yay for the CC staying $10... I started panicking that the price would go up a ton and I'd still be struggling with LR! LOL
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Well if you miss the live webinar (as all of us Aussies do) you can watch the rebroadcasts - the replay it twice at least. So if you miss it at work, you can watch it in the evening instead of going to sleep
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4

This all sounds very wonderful! Roll on the day when I can upgrade my whole setup and get the best advice from all you ladies
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Thanks for sharing all this Esther. I saw that Adobe pricing and it now includes LR for the iPhone. Not sure I could handle that but if it could bypass iPhoto I'd be happy.

I signed up for the webinars...and think I'm going to alternate watching it on my iMac and tv screen. I recall getting 'fanny fatigue' in one of the last classes!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

Thanks so much for that link Esther!! Hoping I get a chance to watch it - I'm off to Montreal tomorrow.
    Jane

Thank you thank you! And such great news about the pricing.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Aaargh...the hairdresser had to delay my haircut today til noon (9am PST). Darn that woman ahead of me who needed highlights! It was really tempting to cancel my appointment but my hair said 'Go!'
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Quote Originally Posted by maureenreynolds View Post
    Aaargh...the hairdresser had to delay my haircut today til noon (9am PST). Darn that woman ahead of me who needed highlights! It was really tempting to cancel my appointment but my hair said 'Go!'
    I hear ya... not on the hair, but 'life' getting in the way! I'm at work and was hoping to at least be able to check-in here and again, but nope. The boss is out ill so that means I'm the boss so I'm really, really busy now! Grrrrrr...
    Wonder if I should consider buying the course...? Hmmmm...
    Debi

I'm going to buy the course, I think it will be invaluable to me because I have absolutely no idea about LR.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Quote Originally Posted by carollee View Post
    I'm going to buy the course, I think it will be invaluable to me because I have absolutely no idea about LR.
    We are so alike.
    Debi

The replay of day 1 has just started. Has anyone been watching? Have you found it great? He seems to be starting from the very beginning.

I watched all but the first 30 min and the last. I got home too late for that first 30 min again! I think the whole overview in the first day can be overwhelming if you don't know LR at all but for $59 it's a very good price. Tomorrow I am going to have a notebook to write things down. I may not use it much but using more of the senses helps us learn. I also don't think he quite gets what digital scrappers do because, for me at least, having PSE or CS is pretty important in addition to dealing with your images. (Sorry Jared, all I have are those iPhone 'jpegs' and I'm fine with that!)

I love his dry sense of humor.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

I didn't have a chance to watch it, I wish....
    great news about the Adobe cloud deal though
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Good points, Maureen. For editing my photos I find I am using LR more and more and Photoshop less and less, but that is probably because I edit my .raw files and find LR does a brilliant job with them.
    Yes, I think his dry sense of humor has a lot to do with why I love his explanations but I also love his systematic approach.
    I still struggle with the best way to store the raw vs the jpg. Jared just said you keep have separate folder for your raw originals, your jpg photos, your word docs and your videos. I certainly don't do that! I like having my journaling and scans and photos and videos all in together! But I still haven't worked out the best place for my raw files.

I think my Lightroom skills are adequate, so I will skip Jared this time. But I am psyched about them keeping the cloud at $10 - that's so cool~!!!! Yeah for Adobe!!
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D4S & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6

Thank you for the link, I have LR and never use it. I watched some of it today and learned alot.
    Kathryn~
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/digigrandma/doodlebanner1.gif

Work (and some World Cup soccer! ) got in the way of me watching, but I managed to swing about 15-20 minutes today and it was enough to get me to fork out the $59 so I can learn LR on my time! (Which will start tomorrow, in betwen World Cup games and chores! LOL)
    Debi

I wasn't going to get it but in the last day, I realized there was a whole lot I didn't know (no surprise there!) and it was worth it because there was no way I'd remember all I'd seen. Jared's earlier course was still in LR4 so this was in the more current version.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5