Thread: Free Lightroom5 class

Free Lightroom5 class

Kim Klassen, a texture artist, is having her free Lightroom catalog class again, starting July 1. It's free but you need to register. Kim Klassen class. You'll need LR5 and can get a free trial download over at Adobe.

I'm going to go for a review with this one. There's always something new to learn!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

2. I got the e-mail and just signed up. I have LR5 with the CC but have only used it a couple of times. Looking forward to watching her use the Library and Catalog utilities.
    Patsy

Cool, thanks Maureen!
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

I've had CC for a few months now and struggle with Lightroom... this should be very helpful! Thanks, Maureen!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

I basically use LR for importing my photos. I know how to do a few things, but would love to learn more! Thanks for the heads up Maureen!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

n.b. "This class is focused on the Lightroom Catalog and Library module only." But seriously, that's one of the basics, and for free? Nothing to lose imho.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Thanks Maureen! I'm going to check this out!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

8. Oh awesome, thanks Maureen. I signed up. I took a class at creative live with Julieanne Knost and have used LR exactly never since then! I am embarrassed by how intimidating I find this program. Need a jump start!

Quote Originally Posted by maureenreynolds View Post
    n.b. "This class is focused on the Lightroom Catalog and Library module only." But seriously, that's one of the basics, and for free? Nothing to lose imho.
    Well, from someone who has imported the same photos three times, then can't find them... I think it's safe to say that I need "the basics"!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Liz, I took that Creative Live class too! Earlier, I also took one (paid) LR class with Kim Klassen but that did not have a lifetime access and it went too fast for me as a total newcomer. However, I did get the basic structure of LR and a mental click of how it worked for importing and organizing. It was kind of how you suddenly get how layers work in PSE or CS. The aha! moment.

One thing most teachers stress is that your current photo location should really be organized in some way because LR is only linking back to that location. Don't freak if your photos are a hot mess right now. I'm sure Kim will address that at the beginning.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Thanks so much, I have LR with the CC but open it and scratch my head. No idea.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

I signed up, too. Thanks for the heads-up! I have LR 3 but apparently we can follow along even though she uses LR 5. I've liked the presets and basic tweaking part, but the catalogs are a complete mystery to me! I'd like to understand using LR for importing, etc. Thanks again, M!
    Julie

That is awesome Maureen!! I got the email but didn't even realize it's free. I adore Kim's work.
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D4S & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6