Thread: Reducing PSD & TIFF file sizes to be able to upload...

Reducing PSD & TIFF file sizes to be able to upload...

I don't know if anyone can help me with this but I am going nuts. I have an Etsy shop where I sell card and storyboard templates for photographers. They now have a feature that you can add the digital files to your listing for instant download, which is quite nice to not have to email links for them to download from 4shared. So I have several sets of 4 storyboards (11x14, 10x20) in PSD and TIFF that the file size is below 20 mb zipped (all 4 TIFF or 4 PSD files in one zipped folder). I created a single 12x12 storyboard today and tried to upload it and the file size is outrageously large compared to the others...I am talking 30 mb for one zipped PSD or TIFF file. There are no unncessary layers, etc, I have pared down the layers as much as possible so it can still be customized. Are there any settings that might have gotten changed that I need to reset? Or a zip program that is better than another that would help? I am going crazy trying to figure this out and would appreciate any help!!

Did you crop what's outside the image that you can see. It was a hint on DD ages ago, and heck I do it automatically now but for the life can't think of the buttons because I'm on my iPad at the moment. It's called trim the fat or something in the videos. I can't search from here.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Thanks for that link Carol - I've often got stuff outside my page and always wondered if it was taking up space or whether it just got lost once off the page! Now I know! And how to get rid of it!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

If only dieting was that easy, I'd love to chop off my overhang! hahahaha
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Thanks for the info Carol! I will try it out and see if it helps!

Good to know! Thanks!
    Kathryn~
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/digigrandma/doodlebanner1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by carollee View Post
    If only dieting was that easy, I'd love to chop off my overhang! hahahaha
    Now wouldn't that be good! I have such a spare tyre that I'm trying so hard to get rid of but it's just not budging!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7