Thread: What's in a name - idea for scrapbooking page!

What's in a name - idea for scrapbooking page!

In this thread I asked about the origins of your children's or your name and it turned out to be a fascinating thread.

I was just thinking that it actually is a fantastic idea for a scrapbooking page - I know I will make a page as soon as I have time to sit down and scrap.
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D4S & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6

It is a good idea, would love to see the reasons behind chosen names. We deliberately chose names we liked with no wish to use family names, but still it was a tricky process to narrow it down, Tom didn't have a middle name until the deadline for registering his birth was looming when we decided on Alexander.

I have a friend who's just had a baby, she already has a boy, same age as my Tom and she was told she was having a girl this time, so bought everything pink. Guess what, new baby is a boy! Luckily the name they'd chosen could easily fit a boy too, but that would make a great page! Even more odd, apparently that's happened twice in the past three weeks for babies born in our small town!
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

I like the idea! A page about a child's name would be a great addition to a baby book! We chose our kids names carefully and they turned out to be a combo of names we liked and family names.

As a side note I should probably do a page on the mane that lost out. My grandfather's name was Tadge and when I was picking out names it was at the top of my list for a boy. I've never heard the name other than for my grandfather but I really like it. My mother, on the other hand, never liked her name (Audrey). I made the mistake of telling her and she just about had a cow! Now I wish I would not have listened to her or at least waited to tell her my name choices until the child was already named. I still feel bad I didn't use that name for one of my boys. And if I were having another son (which thankfully I'm totally done with childbearing and child rearing!) his name would be Tadge!!!!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

4. awesome!
    i actually started with that intention long ago...this is the page i made for my youngest:
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...ny-joy&cat=500
    heather

This was one of the AAM prompts a few years ago. I think it makes for a great page. :O)
    ~Kelly

Super idea Aino! Love it!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

I actually did a 2 pager for Clara's name in January of this year. I added it to her Shutterfly book, as I thought it was an important memory to record. I also love the idea of the Name that "wasn't"....my parents had a disagreement about what to name me. I have always disliked my name, and wish my Mother had won out.

Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

I've just posted on the other thread about my kids' names, and I think it is a wonderful idea for a page!Thanks for the inspiration.
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

Quote Originally Posted by blkcow View Post
    I actually did a 2 pager for Clara's name in January of this year. I added it to her Shutterfly book, as I thought it was an important memory to record. I also love the idea of the Name that "wasn't"....my parents had a disagreement about what to name me. I have always disliked my name, and wish my Mother had won out.
    These are fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing!
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D4S & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6

Sumner, WA (in the shadow of Mount Rainier)
    I did a page of me and my name several years ago~ [/I]1954dadandme.jpg
    Happy Scrappin!
    Dawnee

Constantly using:

Designer Digitals Products! Woo Hoo
    Canon Rebel T3i/600D
    Olympus E500
    Photoshop CS5, Wacom tablet, ACDSee14
    Scanner, Family Tree Maker
    Posed Grandchildren
    Unposed animals
    Uncooperative Adult Children
    Computer Platform: PC (and I built it myself!!)