Thread: A Strange Dilemma

A Strange Dilemma

I've been wanting to download a trial of Photoshop since watching Sebastian's videos - it looks wonderful but a bit scary. For some reason I can't get anywhere at Adobe - they seem to have free trials but if I click on them I'm routed to CC which is a blank page. Any ideas about what could be wrong? TIA
    Julie

2. Julie - I have no idea what is going on.... they have a 1-800 number and I called it yesterday (1-800-833-6687) to start my 1 year subscription - I could not get through yesterday - they called back when I did the call back thing about 20 minutes later- fyi I did the 30 day free trial and then signed up for the 9.99 a month plan....you have to commit to 1 year....but you pay it one month at a time....you can cancel within the first 30 days....after there is a penalty if you have to cancel early. the set up of the free trial was a 2 step process you have to download the set up file and then install it .....fyi PhotoShop is a lot harder than elements.....I'm going back through my stash of tutorials from Cassie....and after 30 days I'm not crying or cussing ....but I'll be honest the first 20 days were tough....I didn't try Cassie's tutorials until maybe day 20.....when you get the cloud installed its going to ask which do you want to have the system default to when you open up a template..... I personally picked elements 11. hope this helps!!!!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

ETA One caveat...if you are signed in with your Adobe account and you click TRY, you are now trying CC! Don't click that unless you have the 30days to test it out. Ask me how I now know what I may be doing for the next 30 days....

Julie, I signed into my Adobe account first. I created my Adobe account waaay back with the old Photoshop CS.) Once I was signed in, I googled 'adobe photshop cc trial' and I got to a page that had the info in the top right corner. It says PhotoshopCC and Lightroom. Join or Try. hth

Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 8.17.10 AM.jpg
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

4. Do not be afraid to try Photoshop CC, Julie. With the help of Sebastian's class plus the Phil Steele training, I am becoming accustomed to CC and have thought many times how I would not want to go back to PSE 11 which I was using. In fact, when I go to the lake cabin and use my older laptop on which I only have PSE 11 loaded I really miss PS CC and I've only been using it for a couple months. There are some things that are just easier and more convenient with the full blown PS.

I know I could use the Adobe Cloud on two computers but I just don't think my old laptop has enough zip to use the more powerful, memory using application. My laptop is slow enough as it is! When I next upgrade to a new laptop it will be nice to have CC on both.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Thanks everyone!
    Julie