Thread: Missing my art AND my people!!

Missing my art AND my people!!

Could I just say that the decision to step down for a sabbatical from the Creative Team was well timed.
    The reasons were taking care of my Mom (just turned 94) and managing a renovation - which WILL include a yoga room and a studio for me.

AND.... when all this is done....I will be so happy not to be irritated and cranky everyday from sheetrock dust and botched landscaping and......

But also...

I really miss all of you and making digital art.
    I jump on sometimes and look at what you are doing.

I've missed the quarterly event this weekend mostly because I was managing there teams of workers yesterday who showed up with no warning to me
    AND no project supervisor either. Well. except me.
    I'm about to meet with an architect/landscape consultant in an hour to see what can be done...

I AM still around.
    ART is in my future.
    See you more then.

ps. I still have not gotten past day one of my India pictures.
    As in even LOOKING at them in Lightroom.
    If that tells you anything!
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

2. Construction and remodeling are a pain, but it will be so worth it in the end. Just keep thinking about what it will be like.

As for your Mom, I know you will cherish this time together. I hope it is one of sweet memories and beautiful, new revelations.

Look forward to seeing you back in the gallery!

Blessings,
    Tracy

Software PS CS6
    Platform Mac (Naturally)
    Camera Canon 60D

I understand a sabbatical with an older parent! And a renovation is always time consuming. It will be a special treat when you have time to create again!
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

I hope you ALL survive the renovation. I always laugh when I say I told a psychiatrist visiting my work site a few years ago re legislation that we had just finished a renovation. He said he had several patients who had to be hospitalized from the stress! I just felt glad that our marriage survived - and so did the very unhappy cat.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Hang on in there Uma! We miss you too!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Not seeing your India photos puts it all in perspective. Maybe you should start walking around with your camera as they work and see if they get happier for the camera or if they do better work because it might be used against them.
    ~Kelly

No pain, no gain... ?! You will love your new space when it is done, but these things never go smoothly, do they?!
    When you finally have time to process your India photos it will be a trip down memory lane. My USA photos are still patiently waiting for me!
    And WE will wait for you, Uma!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

We miss you too P! So much!

Hope things come together with the reno... Sounds stressful!

Glad you popped your head in and said hello!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Come back soon! I miss your pages and your photos! Seriously can't wait to see your India photos ... but I guess you're thinking the same thing .
    Donna

My Gallery

NIKON D600, 24-70mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, Macro 105mm 2.8, 28-300mm & FUJIFILM X-E1
    PSE 10, LR 4
    iMac & MBPro / Mavericks

10. Hi, P! I'm really glad you stopped in to update us. We miss your wisdom and your art. Cherish every day with your mom (I know you do) and don't let the renovation frustrations get you down. It has to be a big mess before it gets done and then, of course, it is all worth it!
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you are doing just what you need to. Looking forward to having you back soon!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

12. Mamaw's 91 and I so understand - Good luck with everything - when it gets tough - take an hour at a time!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

thanks for letting us know what's going on in your life. Sometimes things can be really hard, but I know you will come out on the other side of the stress ready to get back into your art Hang in there!!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

It's so nice to hear from you! Sounds like you are very busy and have more than enough on your plate. It sounds like your renovation will be great and you will never regret the extra time you spend with your Mom!! Take care!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

We will be here, I look forward to your LO's
    Kathryn~
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/digigrandma/doodlebanner1.gif

So very kind of each of you to lend your words of support in my time of CHAOS!!!
    My Mom is the bright spot even though the sisters are still trying to limit her freedom.
    The renovation. Not so bright. May I just say. When you do this make sure you know what you want at the beginning. Change orders are just an opportunity to see HOW much contractors over charge for their services.
    Their job is to contract. They don't do the work. They just hire other people. They are supposed to coordinate and supervise and insure. But so far I'm doing most of that. I'll just be glad when it's done and they are gone. Unfortunately I'm a grudge holder and am having to learn new skills to make sure that when they ARE gone I can be happy. Thanks for being here doing what we love and reminding me life can be fun!!
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

I miss you too!! Sounds like a hectic life right now. Best of luck with everything.
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17