Thread: Help :) Ripped Vintage Photo Frames

Smile Help :) Ripped Vintage Photo Frames

This may be a dumb question, but I am stumped. How do I get my photo to fit into the ripped photo frames? Grrr. I am sure it's an easy answer but everything I try ... it's just not right

Thanks Ladies!
    Lisa
    SE Michigan

Camera: Canon T1i
    Lenses: Gotta look at them and let ya know
    Software: PSE 12 on Mac Pro

2. Here's a video tip that shows you how to use them. Let me know if you get stuck and I'll be happy to help!
    Sara

My DD Gallery: sarahorton
    My Blog

Hmmm ... Not sure what I am doing wrong but neither method in the video will work I even took the frame and image into a completely new document. When I select the magic wand, I don't get the marching ants. Maybe I should step away for a bit and try again. LOL.
    Lisa
    SE Michigan

Finally .. the eraser worked. Phew. Talk about making me crazy. Thanks Sara!!!
    Lisa
    SE Michigan

Glad things came right for you in the end Lisa! It's so frustrating when you know what you want to do but it's not working! I use the eraser too on the ripped vintage frames.
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Thanks! The eraser tool worked but I did have to do it in a separate document and then drag it over to my layout. I will have to play around with it one night and see what I was doing wrong but for now it's my layout

Thank again!
    Lisa
    SE Michigan

Hi Lisa - I have made a a copy of the frame and filled it and the white frame with black and then used it as a mask and that has worked for me.
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

Sharon ... that's a fantastic idea Thanks!!!
    Lisa
    SE Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by justbnsharon View Post
    Hi Lisa - I have made a a copy of the frame and filled it and the white frame with black and then used it as a mask and that has worked for me.
    Now why didn't I think of that?! Thanks Sharon, you're a star!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

Lisa, I like to have clipping masks for my frames so when I use them AND make a clipping mask for ones that come w/o the mask, I save it immediately so I don't have to reinvent the wheel every time I use the frame. My method is just a tweak on all the above. I am in PSE 10 today.

Open the frame, (the ripped vintge #5 e.g.), and with the magic wand (W) click inside the empty space. This is when you should see the marching ants around the inner boundary of the frame.

Make a new layer BELOW the frame.
    Get your bucket tool with black etc (or just hit K which will pull up your photo bucket) and In Your New Layer, click right on that inner layer area. That should fill with black.

Now you have a two layered frame, so save it as a psd file with the same name and you will never have to do this for this frame again. HTH!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Smart idea, Maureen!
    Janet
    software: CS3

My Gallery

This is where things get goofy for me. I click inside the frame and don't get the marching ants. That is what was frustrating me so much yesterday No idea why it's not happening. Any ideas???
    Lisa
    SE Michigan

Ahhhhh ... I GOT IT ... GEEZ ... And now I feel stupid .... LOL ... I didn't have the correct tool selected under the magic wand! Which means I didn't have the magic wand selected.

Thanks you for all of the advice ladies. Now I am going to modify all my ripped frames for future use!
    Lisa
    SE Michigan

Lisa...re the wrong tool? oh believe me, btdt! many times.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

I like the idea of saving the clipping mask, Maureen! Thanks for sharing!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon