Thread: Question about different versions of PSE

Question about different versions of PSE

Hi,
    Question. My daughter is doing an online course for school (media arts), she is learning photoshop right now. I am using PSE 12 so she has been doing the work with that. But the directions she needs to follow for her assignments is using a previous version. So with my help we have worked thru the steps and things not being where they use to be. She has not been receiving marks for her assignments as her teacher does not have the newest version and said if she did it at school they would have the version the course was designed with. My question is does anyone know if you can download a trial version of an earlier version all I have been able to find is PSE 12

Thanks
    Erin

My camera- Canon EOS RebelXS
    My lenses-18-55mm, 55-250mm telephoto, My Iphone
    PSE 12

I am surprised that a school is using an elements version. My school, I think is using PS5 and will probably always be a couple of versions or more behind. Good Luck finding an earlier version.
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

Oh my I never even thought that they would be using just Photoshop...maybe I will look into that and I am sure that they are using older versions. Thanks
    Erin

PSE 12

Valerie- I just had her checked and they are using Elements..and the link they provided sends you to PSE 12..which explains why I told her not to download it as I already had it...
    Erin

PSE 12

Just to clarify, only the current version of PSE is available for trial. Schools and governments are notorious for being a couple of versions behind current software because they cost taxpayer money!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Thanks Maureen, guess we will just continue to "fudge" our way thru this section, she at least is not getting penalized for her work even tho her teacher can not mark it correctly
    Erin

PSE 12

Erin, if you have PSE12 and the school is suggesting a link to PSE12, I'm not sure what the issue is?
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Maureen,
    Its an online course my daughter picked up (media arts) so she can take a photography course. Issue is it is course 5 for her so she has to do it at home, I guess the other kids are doing it at school mainly on the school computers, therefore using a different version of PSE where as we are using PSE 12. The step by step lessons are done with a different version and some of the steps we are having trouble finding the tools needed (where they are) etc. I was hoping I would be able to find a trial version of what the school computers use. Her teacher said the link just sends you to Adobe, therefore if she had taken this last year the link would have given her PSE 11. It is just becoming frustrating for her and she doesnt have the time to finish this unit on photoshop at school
    Erin

PSE 12

You may be able to find older versions on ebay? You can purchase disc with serial number. Some on-line stores still have older product packaged away. This is just a hunch - not sure if there are any sellers of older versions, but it's worth a shot.
    Amy Mallory

MY BLOG

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

10. You can probably find an earlier version on Amazon. They have a number of older versions available there.
    Sara

My DD Gallery: sarahorton
    My Blog

Erin, I can imagine your daughter's frustration. Patience is hard when you are trying to figure it out on your own. If you google 'what's new in pse 11' you can find a lot of resources on PSE11. That was a big change from PSE10 so many of these links will go into detail about what and where. I don't think your PSE12 has changed that much visually from what I've read. This video is very good in showing you what's what and where it is in PSE11 and then you can hopefully find the same tool etc in your PSE12.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

geez, nothing like making it harder for kids to do their work! If they continue the same course, they really should update their programs! I hope you will be able to find the help you need with this!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery